PDA

View Full Version : Megans Eye! (My 13month old)

AmberC
07-01-2006, 06:28 AM
I woke up this morning and her right eye is swollen almost shut! The other is puffy, but not too bad.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC06606.jpg

We are going to take her in if it doesn't start to go down by the time we all get ready for the day.

Amber

AADiscus
07-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Amber it could be pink eye. Watch out because that stuff is highly contagious. If so, have your Dr. give the eye medicine for everyone in the house to take so that it doesn't go back and forth like the flu.

tpl*co
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM
the white of the eye is still white to be pink eye though. Could be a blocked tear duct or allergy? Did you try putting a warm wash damp cloth on the eye?

I agree pink eye is very contagious!

Tina

AmberC
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks you guys! Yes I know about pink eye. Terrible stuff! My older sister got that when we moved to Okinawa when I was 9 and I didn't see her until it was gone. My parents kept us that separated lol.

Luckily it is not tho! And not a sty either.

She has blepharitis and here is the jist of what that is:

Blepharitis is a swelling and irritation of the eyelids. It can be caused by a bacterial infection or clogged oil glands in the eyelids. It may be caused by certain skin problems that affect the face and scalp...
She has no skin issues so I am guessing the first one. We have eye drops.. one drop 4x a day and the description says it can sting :( This will be fun. :(
Amber