PDA

View Full Version : The wait begins !!!!

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 11:43 AM
LOL....waiting for Fed-Ex to arrive I mean!...they're due in today with my last 4 discus!!...Today I'm getting my 4 WD's from Kenny!...These are all going into my 29 gal and are the last Discus I'm getting for a long while I'm hoping...lol...other than any fry IF and WHEN they grow out completely and pair up on their own and spawn...and until that day happens then I'm thru setting up any more tanks except for my 15 gal as a hosp/qt tank...no more room for anymore...unless of course I set some up in my living room once again...lol...:D But some how I don't think that ones gonna happen...the 29 is it I'm thinking for new tanks..But thats ok too cause with 4 tanks to take care of I can sit in my room here and watch them happily..and hey that's ok by me too lol...As soon as I get them here and acclimated and into the tank I'll take some pics and post them.
Jarrod

traco
07-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Yay, Jarrod!!! Don't you hate the waiting game? I can't wait for you to post some pics of your new ones. Good luck and hopefully this morning, you'll receive them.

Good luck.

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Yep Barb I do hate the waiting aspect of it...lol...I just tracked them again and it SAYS they're our on the delivery truck...lol...now if they get their butt's here I'd be a MUCH happier camper lol...the tracking said it was on the delivery vehicle at 9 somehting my time this morning...and I KNOW Fed EX can find my house even as far back iff tthe main road as I am...they've been here ohhh I'd say a FEW times since I've lived here LOL
Jarrod

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
They're HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :D :D and getting acclimated as I type this...LOL all 4 of them are looking good for still being in the bags now I can hardly wait to see them in the tank and free swimming in their new home!! Kenny!! THANK YOU and Louis so VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! Does the term tickled pink come to mind?...lmao Thank you again Kenny !!!!
George (aka Jarrod)

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 03:19 PM
They're HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :D :D and getting acclimated as I type this...LOL all 4 of them are looking good for still being in the bags now I can hardly wait to see them in the tank and free swimming in their new home!! Kenny!! THANK YOU and Louis so VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! Does the term tickled pink come to mind?...lmao Thank you again Kenny !!!!
George (aka Jarrod)

You're most welcome buddy. I'm glad to hear they're ok. I'll give Louis the news later on today. And if you ever have any questions be sure to let me know right away ANYTIME.

btw stop typing so much...keep acclimating them!!! LOL

talk to you & Linda later!

Take care friend,
Kenny

Kindredspirit
07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
umm.......pictures pictures! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_109v.gif

M ~

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Well got them in the tank!!...and yes Kenny I did finish acclimating them first LOL:D They are looking wonderful IMHO and that being the one that counts at this point ROFLMAO...great shape nice and ROUND!.....LOL MARIE...well I'll be taking pics sometime tomorrow of them just to let them get sort of halfway settled in their new surroundings:D I figure they been thru enuff stress being bagged and boxed and who knows what else in the shipping process....so after being basically in the dark for almost 20 hrs I'd say far be it from me to tweak em anymore at this moment tryin to take pics of em LOL...I'm gonna give them till tomorrow morning sometime to turn tank lites back on and flashing them...lol and yes Marie I'm talkin about flashing them with the cam and nothing else ROFL ;
Jarrod

tpl*co
07-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Jarrod,

Now that's a disturbing mental image! LOL!:p Just flash them with the camara please :).

Tina

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Jarrod,

Now that's a disturbing mental image! LOL!:p Just flash them with the camara please :).

Tina
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tina Tina now that's what I had panned on doing anyway...but have to say anything else MAY be considered bait lmao...but trust me on this one should I post any pics I PROMISE it will be just of the fish and the tank....roflmao
Jarrod

Kindredspirit
07-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Marie I'm talkin about flashing them with the cam and nothing else ROFL ;
Jarrod

LOL!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_20.gif

men....never a thought that originates above the waist!:p

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi George - just dug up some old photos and want you to have something to look for my friend..here they are:

This was when some of my WDs were very young...like 2". Over the years IMO I've found that White Diamond at a young age tends to look a little "not as round" (should I say football? lol) as compared to other strains...this may not be the actual fact and it could be due to their whole bodies' white color that gives you a different shape-look...

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:29 PM
This was when he was about 4" I think. Notice how the body became rounder.

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
This is he now, about 6.5". Sry this pic was taken at an angle so he does look a little distorted. But trust me he's fat and BAD lol.

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
this is another WD that I was lucky enough to see him carrying frys in a community tank with other fish. Notice the filter-max sponge on the upper left corner and it was running all the time. Of course there were some major war going on there LOL

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:35 PM
The same WD male proudly carrying frys with another female of his choice at the time.

See some of the baby WDs within the batch?

:-)

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Buddy George - was nice talking to you on the phone and I wish you all the best on these WDs! Remember to feed them a lot and do 20 WCs daily! LOL

You take good care of yourself my friend!

Kenny

Kindredspirit
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
20 WCs daily! Kenny

20? I thought it was 50????? lol!! Kenny are those what Jarrod got? That first picture ~ they are so pretty! WoW! And they did get super round!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_11.gif

Kenny's Discus
07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
20? I thought it was 50????? lol!!

50 is for you Marie lol!

Kenny

Kindredspirit
07-07-2006, 11:00 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_115.gif

AmberC
07-08-2006, 06:42 AM
Cool Jarrod! Cannot wait to see the pictures! They are going to look beautiful in your tanks!

Amber

used2bBubbles
07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, Jarrod-George, let's see the pictures. You've had them almost 24 hours and we're dying to see these beauties! Cough up the goods, my man! We want pictures!!!! :)

Kathi

Kindredspirit
07-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah!! What Kathi said! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_14_13.gif

( of the FISH J ~ not of Tina's mental IMAGE:o )

Jarrod
07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
The Pics have still got to be sized down to post them...haven't had time yet to do em lol...after going in and buying another air pump and starting water changes LOL...since my spousal type unit is the artist in the family and can use Photoshop and I'm kinda lame in that dept I tend to defer to her expertise with the program...LOL...and since I'm just now starting the wc's on every tank up and running and she's helping me it'll take a bit lol...far be it from me to push the "powers that be" to hard or too fast lol...can ya tell how many years I been married???? Discretion being the better part of valor ya know:D :D The WD's are adapting very very nicely to the routine so far like they have a choice right?...they didn't even freak at all during a 90% first time wc...I did get the sponge filter going and an airstone in so I can rest a bit easier in my mind I guess. Now the big thing is gonna be getting them used to flakefoods and such..just takes time I know...and in my case time is all I have anyway...but I DO promise to get the pics up soon!...I've still got to finish all the wc's and refill and setup my hosp/qt tank....then maybe I can get some bristle nose plecos to help do clean up and not have to worry too much about them giving my discus "hickeys" lol...anyways....this is just how my day is going so far lol. :D
Jarrod

Kenny's Discus
07-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Don't over-work yourself George...let's just leave the crews hanging LOL(j/k) and forget about the pics for now since you've got quite a few things on your hands right now...

I don't know much George but 1 thing I know that's for sure...you've got yourself a fine woman/wife/friend in Linda. I'm definitely envious of you in that dept! My wife wouldn't even come into my fishroom let alone doing WCs, if you know what I mean lol !!!

Take care friend...get yourself a cold 1 today in this 90+ Oregon weather.

:-)

Kenny

used2bBubbles
07-09-2006, 12:45 AM
I agree with you, Kenny. Any spouse who is not as into fish as we are that will help with wcs, etc. is wonderful! My husband pretty much rolls his eyes when it comes to my discus and angels.

And George! What a great guy for acknowledging your wife is the expert at the photoshop stuff. She does have you conditioned well! jk

Kathi

Kindredspirit
07-09-2006, 12:56 AM
She does have you conditioned well! jk

Kathi

As it shld be!! Jarrod ~ ....and how long did THAT take:)

used2bBubbles
07-09-2006, 01:06 AM
As it shld be!! Jarrod ~ ....and how long did THAT take:)

YOU GO, GURL!!!! :D

Kindredspirit
07-09-2006, 01:16 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_1.gif