PDA

View Full Version : The new "kids"

Jarrod
07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Yep I'm talking about my 4 new White Diamonds I got today from Kenny!!..LOL...broke my own rule kinda and dropped some frozen bloodworms
in with the lights still off just to sorta check on their appetites after the shipping/acclimation/new home process...and LO and behold they ATE!! LOL go figure huh? I think I'd eat too after being in a bag for as long as it takes to get from there to here too...lol The good thing is they are ALL out swimming the tank and poking and prodding into the corners picking and choosing their own little spots in their new world. Npw all I have to really do is buy another air pump and python for the wc regimen to begin...lol...only reason for the air pump is cause one of mine broke off a nozzle and it was the one I needed for my sponge filter. I still got the HOB filter going so it'll still all be good for a day or so anyways....and as for the python I'm one of those that doesn't swap things between tanks is all...and speaking of Pythons...do any of you ever get or had what looks like a black coating in the hose? If so how'd you get rid of it...I happened to notice it in one of mine yesterday and shut off the valve for filling and let the pressure bacl up a bit and then reopened it and it blew a bunch of filmy crap out of it....so i looked at the hoses carefully and found it in a big portion of the hoses...then I took every inch of hose thru my fingers and squeezed and rolled while running HOT water thru them into the bathtub and it cleaned the stuff off....not sure if anyone else has or has noticed this in them but just something I discovered and did when I did is all.
Jarrod

marilyn1998
07-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Heya Jarrod!! Congrats on the new brood!! NOw you have em all and the fun begins!! Cant wait to see the new pics.

As far as the python goes... years ago I had that problem and just bought some new hose. My newer one hasnt been around long enough to get it. But, I remember reading a thread on what to do to clean the hoses and all the stuff. I will look for it. I do remember there was a better way than using bleach or a chemical to clean it. I think it said to use PP and then run it and rinse it forever. But there was another suggestion that didnt involve leaving possible harmful residue in the thing. I will search for it.

Westie
07-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Great news! But your thread smells w/o photos! Give us a shot!

lhforbes12
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
George,
Just put the Python in a bucket with 10 to 1 bleach. Leave there for a few hours and it will look good as new. It's always exciting getting new fish and it sounds like you're doing an excellent job getting them used to their new quarters.

Larry

AmberC
07-08-2006, 06:43 AM
George,

Larry

Who is George?

Amber

Tony_S
07-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Jarrod is George...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=51670

AmberC
07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Yes.. I've got it now lol. Thanks Tony!

Amber

Jarrod
07-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone!...So far they're out swimming around this morning even aftr I turned the lights on in the tank...I did take some pics of them this morning but haven't got them off my cam yet so after I do and get them resized to fit I'll get some posted sometime today hopefully...I'm gonna do their first wc today as well...figure I may as well get tem used to my ugly mug and big ole hairy hand and arm down inside their domain. lol :D
So far they seem to be eating a bit...they tore into the bloodworms yesterday
and so far have basically ignored the frozen bs I put in this morning...since they never really had any flake food or any color bits I may hold off on any of that for the time being....since they are white I may try them on some spirulina flake food I have it doesn't have the higher concentrations of color enhancers like the color bits does and will still give them a bit of varied veggie stuff for their diet.
And thanks all for the python info as well...I finally got it cleaned out yesterday
Jarrod

lhforbes12
07-08-2006, 11:31 AM
George,
Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures,