PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Color

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I took this yesterday (July 11, 2006) and I just thought it was an interesting photo. The fish are almost 12 weeks old.

traco
07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Larry, that is kind of a neat pic with the plant in focus and the fish off to the side.

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Barb,
I take a lot of pictures every day.. well almost every day <grin> and this one just stood out to me. I'm glad you like it :-)

Kenny's Discus
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Hello Larry - the blue on those fish are coming along nicely...on top of that they look so fat and round is a plus!!! Great job!

I won't be surprised to see them grow to 6" in a yr under your TLC.

Take care,
Kenny

Jarrod
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Larry...you got some nice lookin fish there...nice color and size! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing
Jarrod

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Kenny and Jarrod (I guess you prefer Jarrod, on here anyway, George?)
Those two are, believe it or not, some of the smallest from that batch. The largest are almost 3" SL, I'm pretty happy about that. :-)
Thank you both. Jarrod suprisingly, they aren't coloring up yet (the camera is liyng in that picture) don't get me wrong their bodies all have a blue sheen to them but there is very little red yet, and they're RTs They are all very healthy and as you say Kenny, fat <grin> All and all I am very pleased with their progress so far. Thank you again guys

btw Kenny you were certainly right, they have become full bodied and some have high fins, I think some of them may turn into beauties.

wolfbane
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Nice pix Larry, Turqs are my favorites!

Kindredspirit
07-11-2006, 06:36 PM
You only put up ONE pic? Stingy!! I wanna see more ~ and I always get what I want Larry ~but do I want it after I obtained it? Don't answer that!

Looks great! How many are in there? I love the colors!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_11.gif

White Worm
07-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Purty little fish ya got there!

marilyn1998
07-11-2006, 07:43 PM
What a great picture!!! Those are my favorite strain. I need to learn to take better pics!! You are doing a great job with them!

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Debbie,
Thank you! RT's aren't my favorites but they're close (I actually like wilds the best of all)

Marie,
You've seen the other pictures of them, I only put this one up because I thought it was interesting is all. It really wan't so much to show the fish as to show the effect of the picture. btw I did make a video for you of the 125 but I have no clue where to post it.

Mike,
Yep, they really are beginning to come along now. I started with 24 that were 3 weeks old, but I gave 8 away so now I still have 16. I'll really have to take some regular pictures to show the large ones. They are now almost 3" SL at just under 12 weeks, I'm very happy with their growth so far.

Kindredspirit
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Marie, I did make a video for you of the 125 but I have no clue where to post it.

You can post it here babe ~ I think I have posted videos here in the past ~ Frank or Ryan will move if need be;) ~

Just for me??? How k00L is that? I wanna see...I love videos Larry! I have three I just took but they make you sick when you view them! Shakes too much as it was on my digital ~ I do not know how to download from my video camera to the computer:(

M~

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Marie,
Yep, mine is digital too, but I put it on a tripod. I can't hold still enough otherwise. I don't see how I could post a video given the size limitation on this site...

Marilyn,
Sorry I somehow missed your post. As I told Debbie, RTs aren't my favorites but they're close. I probably like the picture because I am such a horrid photographer and that one turned out OK despite me. I now do like Marie and take 5000 pictures, that way I'm bound to get one good one. Anyway, thank you Marilyn :-)

used2bBubbles
07-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Larry, everybody has already said it--great picture! I love it. VERY artsy, and I like that. And I like the subject discus. . .

Keep it up, you are a good photographer!

Kathi

lhforbes12
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Kathi,
Thanks! But I am really a very poor photographer, that was extremely lucky. I honestly don't know an F-stop from a bus stop, and I really don't care to. Fish and plants are my hobbies. <shrug>
Thank God and Adobe for PhotoShop LoL

used2bBubbles
07-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Kathi,
I honestly don't know an F-stop from a bus stop<shrug>
Thank God and Adobe for PhotoShop LoL

Larry, the only thing you need to know about an F-stop vs a bus stop is you won't get run over by a bus at an f-stop! :D

And photo software? Couldn't live without it!

Keep on clicking!

Kathi

AmberC
07-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Very cool shot Larry :) And gorgeous fish! I musta missed this yesterday. The colors do look very cool. It almost looks like theres green on his side too to me. (just the pic I am sure)

Amber