PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the machine

Dissident
07-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Ever since I got my first DVD player back in 2000 I have been waiting for this day. I never thought it would come but it did! I always thought the best day of my life was when they finally released 'Tales from the Crypt' on DVD but this the real-deal.

Pink Floyd : Pulse
-DVD/5.1DTS/16:9

The timeing for the release is kind of ironic since Syd Barrett just passed away.

The sound quality is superb, especially if you have a DTS receiver or one that supports 640kbps. It is so fun listening to it in surround sound, it really changes the experience (although some things never change ;) )
Even with the 5.1 available you can still select 2.1 stereo for all you old-school audiophiles out there.

The video quality leaves something to be desired but you have to realize that Pulse was recorded live back in 1994.

There is a ton of stuff on the DVD other than the show.

Whether you are a Gilmore or Waters fan it is a great trip. I just have to get a few buds together and enjoy like we used to back in college.

Westie
07-15-2006, 12:54 PM
One thing I really enjoy about modern CD's is a lot come with DVD's or video tracks. I have a Dead Kennedy's DVD from San Fran back in the 80's. Absolutely nothing special about the sound or video quality but, I swear I was there so, I'm always looking for me and the old gang in the crowd! Netflix is a great way to peruse comedy and music without being let down. I still got Floyd on vinyl:D

pcsb23
07-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Diss, sad news about Syd Barrett, hoping to get Pulse soon and will let you know what I think. I've already got a floyd dvd ~ but can't help being old fashioned or an audiophile :)