View Full Version : Hy , from Romania...

diskusfun
07-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Hy to you all from Bucharest Romania...First of all , sorry for my english :) ...My name is Corneliu Oprescu , 41 years old and I share with you all one great passion : DISCUS....Since 1991 I keep this wonderfull fish and from 1993 I breed them...I can say that I have a lot of experience with them , but is not enough...The reason why I submit on this forum ? The possibility to exchange and share information with other discus enthusiasts...Presently,I'am focused only on RED discus... I have 9 aquarium, 3 of 60 lt for breeders, 4 of 100 lt for breeders and frys and 2 of 150 lt ....Can you imagine that I have moments in time whem I was able to keep 1.600 frys in those aquarium plus another 2 of 140 lt,not functionally today?... You can see some of my discus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/diskusfun/ ...I'll post some pictures with my discus and on simplydiscus soon...Thank you for the time spent to read those lines...Happy discus keeping !

lhforbes12
07-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Welcome to Simply Corneliu!
It sounds like you will feel right at home here. What strains of red are you breeding?

Larry

danoinalaska
07-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Corneliu,
Welcome to Simply! Thanks for the link to your photos. They look awesome, obviously you take great care of them. I look forward to seeing more pics soon.
Dan

Jarrod
07-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello Corneliu.....and WELCOME to Simply! We all hope you enjoy the forums and become one of the FAMILY that loves Discus here....It's a pleasure meeting you....and once again welcome!
Jarrod

diskusfun
07-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Thank you for your warm welcome here! ...as about my red discus, they are as follows: red moonlight and sanmerah from Thailand and red sunlight from malaysia....red moonlight aka velvet ... but red sunlight is a fancy name of some kind of red fish I buy it from a local pet shop here in Bucharest, imported from Malaysia ...they are in a batch of marlboro red and sold as that....but few of them, 4 of about 40, don't have any kind of black specks at all , the tail was yellow-transparent not black like all others...so I have to give them a name :) ...they are very small, do not grow more than 12 cm, all of 3 remaining are female...
Thank you again ...
Corneliu