PDA

View Full Version : Red turk, red stress bars for Andrew and Ryan.

Rod
07-18-2006, 06:21 AM
This is a pic of the red turk that was born with red stress bars. They have dissappeared now, even the black bar through the eye on normal wild base colored discus is not there. I'll update with pics of very small fish if i am lucky enough to breed more.

poconogal
07-18-2006, 07:39 AM
This is a pic of the red turk that was born with red stress bars. They have dissappeared now, even the black bar through the eye on normal wild base colored discus is not there. I'll update with pics of very small fish if i am lucky enough to breed more.
Back in April, in one of my LFSs, I saw a little Discus who was just beautiful, nice and round, and friendly (and no big eyes). It had red stress bars on a background color like this one. Very unusual looking. I so wanted to buy that little guy, but didn't... LFS, and there were 2 other blue type Discus in with that one that were all dark and hiding. :(

Connie

Kindredspirit
07-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Rod ~ he is beautiful! I love that orange believe it or not....His dorsal (?) fins are so high and prominent ...it looks very Kool....Very Kool!!

I will take one please:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_27.gif

Green Country Discus
07-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Rod, Rod, very different and nice ;) ! Thanks for the pic. How big/old is this beauty? You might be on to something quite different. F2 will be interesting if you can get a pair. I really like the color. It is hard to believe that it came from Red Turk parents. I would love to see a little one with the red stress bars if you can get another spawn from that pair. I would also like to see updates on this fish as it matures. Very nice Rod and thanks again :D !!

Dissident
07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Intersting I have a lone RT with my BSS that looks like that too. At first I didn't like him that much but the body really reddened/oragned up like yours and he is one of my fav's now.

kaceyo
07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
It looks just like my Rose Red but without the bars. Interesting that they come from RT parents.

Kacey

April
07-18-2006, 06:16 PM
so how old is he then? is he gonna striate? ..yeah..jason and i want more pics..of your red stress bars. lol.
make more...

Rod
07-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys and gals....i can assure everyone he is a pure red turk, no pb, golden or rose red blood whatsoever. Very slow coloring strain, eventually he will be fully striated and even fine red spots overlay the base color . Age at the moment is 5 months and size about 3"/3.5" plus the tail.

Rod :)

Dissident
07-18-2006, 06:54 PM
mine is going on 12mo (~6") I think, and only has the stress bars (very faded). He was purchased as a RT.

kaceyo
07-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow, quite the late bloomers, aren't they? Kitti found the first PB in an RT spawn. You should hang on to any others you get to work with for awhile. Looking forward to seeing it color up.

Kacey

Discus Dee
07-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Hi All,

Rod, he's a great example ... nice fish :)

I have seen this particular strain of RT in the flesh, and I must say they are very intresting. The only way I can describe the mood bars is they are definately red mood bars, but as the fish ages they become almost ghost like mood bars ... if that makes sense ?:o

Definately a fish I would love the see in it's adult form. Best of luck with them Rod, would love to see more pics as they mature :)

Cheers,

Dee:)

candyl70
07-19-2006, 10:07 AM
WOW... he is really beautiful.... I love that peachy, orange color. I think he will be even more striking with spots!!! Update us please as he/she grows :)