PDA

View Full Version : Tests Kits

BobB
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Which do you recommend and are easy to use?

poconogal
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Which do you recommend and are easy to use?
I've always used Aquarium Pharm's. They are very easy to use and seem to be pretty accurate - I've never had any problems with them.

Connie

pcsb23
07-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I currently use the hagen master kit, but I prefer the Sera test kits.

Alight
07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
AP master kits are inexpensive and reasonable accurate. Check the Petsmart online price before buying it at your local petsmart. Most petsmart stores will give you the online price (take in a copy of the online price with you).

Their nitrate test kit is the least accurate, but can be made more accurate if you mix your own standardization solutions.

Al Light

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I use AP for the most part but I greatly prefer the Sera Nitrate test. For me, AP's ammonia, nitrite, pH, KH, GH, and Calcium tests are accurate enough but I want to have a very very accurate nitrate test. I have the AP nitrate test kit and I will use it up since I bought it but I've compared the results from the 2 test kits and it's incredible. I've had a difference of almost 10ppm in the 2 kits. I drew enough water off from the tank to do both tests and got a more accurate result with the Sera. To me the AP test kit always looks like it reads 20ppm.