PDA

View Full Version : Dan da man!

wolfbane
07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I made the trip to Dan's (Gulf Coast Discus) place today. I've been saving up for a while, knew I needed 3 spotted fishies to finish my collection (for now!). Every time I go there I'm like a kid at a candy store, hard to decide what to buy.....But, I finally brought home 3 LSS juvies. They are beautiful, and eating bloodworms as we speak! I'll post some pics in a couple of days, let them settle in a little. I have wanted some spots in my planted tank, and now I will have them!
I'm still in awe of that fishroom, love that setup! Talk about your magical garages, this is a cool place. I hope to one day have some breeding tanks, but for now, I better stay away, discus fever is upon me once again!!

lhforbes12
07-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Can't wait to see the new ones Debbie!

wolfbane
07-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Larry! I love these spotted guys! they are bigger than he said, will be ready for the planted tank as soon as quarrantine is done.

Ryan
07-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I got some new babies from Dan today myself :D So far it's the only thing that's gone right this week. lol

I live in FL so unfortunately I didn't get to visit in person... but he did a wonderful job of picking out some beautiful fish for me. They ate a giant chunk of bloodworms tonight and begged for more. I have never had new discus out and about, parading around the tank on the first night being here. They're usually shy for a couple days. Not these brats :p

Kindredspirit
07-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I made the trip to Dan's (Gulf Coast Discus) place today. I've been saving up for a while, knew I needed 3 spotted fishies to finish my collection (for now!). Every time I go there I'm like a kid at a candy store, hard to decide what to buy.....But, I finally brought home 3 LSS juvies. They are beautiful, and eating bloodworms as we speak! I'll post some pics in a couple of days, let them settle in a little. I have wanted some spots in my planted tank, and now I will have them!
I'm still in awe of that fishroom, love that setup! Talk about your magical garages, this is a cool place. I hope to one day have some breeding tanks, but for now, I better stay away, discus fever is upon me once again!!

You went to Dan's?? Deb ...YOU went to see Dan? Today? That is so not fair:(
I just can not speak to you right now I am just feeling sooooooo cheated:(

but....

CONGRATS WOMAN!!! umm...PICTURES??? ya think? When they settle yes?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_13.gif

Kindredspirit
07-20-2006, 01:34 AM
I got some new babies from Dan today myself :D So far it's the only thing that's gone right this week. lol

I live in FL so unfortunately I didn't get to visit in person... but he did a wonderful job of picking out some beautiful fish for me. They ate a giant chunk of bloodworms tonight and begged for more. I have never had new discus out and about, parading around the tank on the first night being here. They're usually shy for a couple days. Not these brats :p

Cuz Im special I already saw yours:p They are sooooo beautiful Ryan! The color is very unique~

April
07-20-2006, 02:11 AM
lucky you...ryan..about time..you got your white fishies..you did get the white ones right??
been hearing for a few years now how you wanted white discus..
we want pics!!

pcsb23
07-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Debbie, Ryan,

Come on guys where are the pics?? Congrates both too!

AmberC
07-20-2006, 06:40 AM
That is awesome!!! :D I cannot wait to see pictures! I bet they are just stunning! :D

Amber

Ryan
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I actually took some great pictures of them last night. I love these guys. We'll see how they enjoy their first water change tonight -- hopefully things go well. I'm sure they'll be a little unhappy when I start jamming hands and hoses into the tank.

When I get home today I will post some pictures. Dan told me to give them a couple days to adjust before making any judgements, but he certainly shouldn't worry... they looked great right out of the bag. They ate 2 giant chunks of bloodworms last night, some flake, and begged for more.

This picture is about 4 hours after being in the tank... just a teaser until later (they look much better now than when I took this) :)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/ryansmith83/IMG_1718.jpg

AmberC
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Oooo Very pretty Ryan!!! :D

Amber

wolfbane
07-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Ah Ryan, they look good already! I have to wait for my daughter to get home from work, sooo......hope to post pics tonight sometime. These fish are "rarin' to go", spunky, already come fast to the front of the tank when they see me.

mench
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Nice looking lil guys Ryan...No ACA for you either??? Me too..
So where did ya get your new white guys?? And do ya have any pics of the parents,I am looking for some whites also..

Thanks
Mench

Kindredspirit
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Ah Ryan, they look good already! I have to wait for my daughter to get home from work, sooo......hope to post pics tonight sometime. These fish are "rarin' to go", spunky, already come fast to the front of the tank when they see me.

Thatz right woman! You went to Dan's to hand pick yours?? Wow ~ How many did you get again?

Can not wait to see pics Deb!

wolfbane
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Marie, I brought home 3 LSS. Oh gosh, I wanted them all!! Good thing I only had so much money! Yes, I know I am fortunate to live within driving distance of Dan, This is my 3rd purchase, and each time I learn so much, maybe...maybe one day I will have my own breeding tanks. Waiting on the kid to get home so I can use her digicam.

Kindredspirit
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
******** Deb ~ I never knew you lived so close! I am jealous. Totally! And you saw the man's fish room .....? You have gotten fish from Dan before?

Wow ~ makes two of us eh?

forrest
07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Nice looking lil guys Ryan...No ACA for you either??? Me too..
So where did ya get your new white guys?? And do ya have any pics of the parents,I am looking for some whites also..

Thanks
Mench

hi mench,this r the parents of those white baby ryan got.the male is a 8.5" giant.

forrest
07-20-2006, 07:20 PM
these r how they become while fishes reach to 3.5".

forrest

AADiscus
07-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Ryan, I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

They look awesome. Great job Dan.

wolfbane
07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Ok guys and gals, I take lousy pics. But if you remember that their colors are far more vibrant in person, then enjoy! Other pics of my tank in photo section. Oh, and I had an emergency and the LSS ended up in the graveled 29, with plants. hope to remedy the situation tomorrow.

wolfbane
07-20-2006, 11:33 PM
another

wolfbane
07-20-2006, 11:34 PM
sorry glare

GulfCoastDiscus
07-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Thank you so much for all the kind words and support. :) :)

My forvorite shape.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/GulfCoastDiscus/00IMG_0006.jpg

GulfCoastDiscus
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
more from collection.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/GulfCoastDiscus/0IMG_0026.jpg