PDA

View Full Version : My First Website

hexed
07-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone!
I wanted to get some feedback on my first website. I submitted it to the search engines and I will also be adding google adsense and search to the site. Any and all feedback is appriciated. The site address is www.puppypen.com
Thanks,
Frank :angel:

AmberC
07-22-2006, 03:20 PM
It looks pretty good to me Frank :)

There was only one thing that popped into my head was: I really liked the music/animal sounds, but it starts over again on every page you click on and it got a little annoying.... but it wouldn't prevent me from browsing or anything as it does fade off...

Amber

diskboy
07-22-2006, 03:27 PM
looks pretty stable frank

Kindredspirit
07-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Frank ~ Check your pm ~ at AoL too~

M ~

Dissident
07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Cool nice work (want might want to left align the body or center the header though ;) )
and I don't see a siberian husky pic on there either.

Kindredspirit
07-22-2006, 09:33 PM
and I don't see a siberian husky pic on there either.

Thankyouverymuch!!! Yo Frank ~ SEE!! I told you babe ~ AND ..there is no NEWFIES either!!

this is a Siberian Huskey Frank;)

xo

Dissident
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I give you permission to use this one:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/cschema/P2120549ul.jpg
I got a high rez ishot f you need it :D

Kindredspirit
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
or...........this one:p

hexed
07-22-2006, 11:05 PM
LOL you two!
I have the screen saver maker and haven't made any others yet.

How about this, if you sent me clear pics of your dog I will try my best to create a screen saver ;)

I had the flash header to the left cause I want to put the Google search on the top right of the page and the adsense going down the right side of the site.

Amber, there should be a button to stop the flash/music ;)

Anything else? Is everything loading OK for everyone? The layout is good and easy to use?
Frank

nacra99
07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Nice one frank... i like it!

I opened the page at a public library... and boy did the meowing turn heads...

Where exactly is the "stop music" button? I can't seem to find it

Cheers
Marc

Dissident
07-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I had the flash header to the left cause I want to put the Google search on the top right of the page and the adsense going down the right side of the site.

Anything else? Is everything loading OK for everyone? The layout is good and easy to use?
Frank

Cool, looked goofy that it wasn't aligned, but you got that covered.

The only usability issue I have is that everytime you nav to a new page it has to reload the header, so if you need to hit i different page you have to wait for it to load. It will also suck bandwidth for your host having the flash load every time someone navs to a new page. It would be fine if it loaded once when you first visit the site. If it is a 'header' it really should only load once anyway, or is it part of the body or in a frame?

//*edit
I viewed your source and looks like you are using php :)
If you are you could make a header.php and body.php load inside the index.php
It looks like you have a seperate php page for each one that loads the animation on each page load. You could just have the index.php switch content where prices.php loads where the existing main.php (or whatever) was and the header.php would not have to reload.

hexed
07-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok,
I spoke with the guy who's helping me with the site. In the upper right hand corner of the flash there were two buttons one says "replay" and the other was a music symbol under it, but he removed it because the sound is suppose to shut itself off now. It does on my computer but let me know if it doesn't on yours and I will ask him to replace the symbol :)

Anything else?
Frank

hexed
07-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Diis,
I will have to check into that. I was thinking about not having the flash on everypage but the man who setup the site for me did what he wanted to do and not what I wanted. I wanted puppypen and he put mydog.us, I finally found someone who was able to change it for me. I will see about removing the flash header from all the pages except the homepage. :)
Frank

Dissident
07-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Diis,
I will have to check into that. I was thinking about not having the flash on everypage but the man who setup the site for me did what he wanted to do and not what I wanted. I wanted puppypen and he put mydog.us, I finally found someone who was able to change it for me. I will see about removing the flash header from all the pages except the homepage. :)
Frank

The flash header is fine on all pages, it should be on all the pages. It is the matter of it only loading once for the visitor.

// Got your pm i'll see what I can do. ;)

hexed
07-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks! I appriciate it!

AmberC
07-23-2006, 07:00 AM
LOL you two!

Amber, there should be a button to stop the flash/music ;)

Frank

Oh ok.. lol.. guess I missed it.

And Yup on my end :D Everythings working.. looks good and I was able to navigate easily :) (Except that dang button ;) lol)

And hey! You need MY dog too!!!!
(This is my fave.. look at that smile!)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC06041.jpg
Or
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC04837.jpg

Amber

Kindredspirit
07-23-2006, 08:39 AM
bout time Amber:)

I was gonna let you have my NEWF that isnt on your site but not anymore:(

hexed
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Ok,
Here is a few examples of what the screensavers look like.

I have decided to add custom screensavers to the website but there will be a small fee for my time to make them :) The standard ones will remain free. Each screensaver can hold 6 pictures.

I will offer the first 10 people who PM me a FREE custom screensaver!

Here is what the look like:

hexed
07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
This one is 2 cubes :)

hexed
07-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Close-up

AmberC
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I got mine Frank! It looks awesome! Even my hubby likes it :D

Amber