PDA

View Full Version : We have eggs.......

Sue50
07-30-2006, 12:23 PM
and they didn't eat them yet!! They either laid them last night or early this morning. Looks like the male is doing most of the fanning. I'm the one who wrote yeaterday that my Discus were skittish, and removed the partitions between tanks. I haven't gotten close enough to look at how many, because I want them to keep doing what they are doing with no interuptions. I'll skip the water changes today. I'm guardedly excited!!!!:D

Sue

diamond_discus
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Congratulation, Sue. I know how you feel 'cause I got some wrigglers this past couple days. Exciting ! It's amazing to watch the eggs hatching and the way the parents are guarding the eggs.

Kindredspirit
07-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Wtg Sue!! Do keep us posted! You both must be excited:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Sue50
07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I am so excited you guys!! I got a quick look at the eggs when I took some food over to them. There's quite a few. The female gets spastic when she wants her turn fanning. It's really cute. My fingers are crossed!! Congrats on your wigglers diamond_discus. It's your turn now Marie!! LOL
Sue

Sue50
07-31-2006, 11:09 AM
This morning we still have eggs. The pair are doing a really good job. It's a pair of Sunshine Discus from Jack Wattley. The male is my avatar. I just made a 50% water change and they handled it really well. I also took out the HOB and just left the sponge filter....just in case we get free swimmers soon. :D

Sue

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Great Sue! How long before you get free swimmers? Too bad they are not really FREE!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

Sue50
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm not totally sure Marie, I'm new to Discus breeding. Angels would be wiggling within 24 to 36 hours, usually 24 for me...then free swimming a few days after that.:confused:

Update My Blue Diamond pair is spawning now. Love really is in the air!! This is their first spawn ever. They are Wattley fish also. What am I saying....all 14 of my Discus are Wattley Discus!! LOL

lhforbes12
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM
72 hours is pretty typical for wrigglers. Then a day or so to free swimming. It's all temperature dependant, the higher the water temp the sooner everything happens.

Sue,
I would continue your wc's, just take the water out at the opposite end of the tank from the eggs. Best to have very clean water.

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
What am I saying....all 14 of my Discus are Wattley Discus!! LOL

That is too funny! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif

Sue50
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
72 hours is pretty typical for wrigglers. Then a day or so to free swimming. It's all temperature dependant, the higher the water temp the sooner everything happens.

Sue,
I would continue your wc's, just take the water out at the opposite end of the tank from the eggs. Best to have very clean water.

Ok, I'll keep up the WC's, they should be used to it, I do it daily and rarely miss a day. :)

used2bBubbles
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
YOU GO, GIRL!!!! I get dibs on 2 bd babies!!!!

Your fishey friend,
Kathi

PS: email me, would you? I'm at work and I can't email you....

traco
07-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Speaking of discus, miss kathi? Anything ......???

Sue50
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Bummer:mad: They ate the eggs. I have no clue why, maybe they were hatching and it freaked them out. Oh well, they got farther this time than last time when they ate the eggs immediately. There's still the BD's.....but it's their first spawn. I'll let ya know how it goes. Thanks for letting me share.

Sue

AADiscus
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks for sharing with us! ;) Maybe next time they will get it right.