PDA

View Full Version : MY EBAY ORDER!

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 10:01 AM
I just opened my mailbox ~ and the smell was to die for! We have a community box that my part of the complex shares and large packages are put in the bigger compartment ~

I had placed an order of fbw on Ebay and for some reason I juss ASSUMED ( never *** u me ) that they would actually knock on the door with this order since it would DEFROST on a dime in California's mail boxes....and no I didnt check to see how del'vry was made ~ again ....when I rec'vd fwb or/and live from Dan in Fresno....they never put them in the mail box ...Still pretty new at buying things off of Ebay...

So ~ my stupid blondness is really shining thru on this one ~ ya think? And the hits juss keep on coming ~

But Nope ~ I guess I was suppose watch for the mail man on a daily basis:( The $30- order of UN-frozen bloodworms is a puddled mess:(

Live and Learn ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_8.gif

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

wolfbane
07-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh no, I can imagine the smell!! And the sad looks the fish gave you!
Lots of Febreze in that mailbox girl!!

AmberC
07-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Ewwww... I am sorry Marie! Man I bet that was nasty. I bought some fbw's one time from the lfs and forgot to bring them inside when I got home cause i was paying attention to the kids. Sitting in a closed up vehicle for a full day and night in the sun when I finally remembered them! BLECH!

Amber

hexed
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM
That's disgusting! illllllllllllllllll I would never buy anything frozen off ebay. WOW That musta been gross LOL

pcsb23
07-31-2006, 12:08 PM
When it goes off it really does pong!

t_j
07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't even what to think of that smell:( My mail man/woman use to ring the bell when I got some thing, but not any more they just leave it down stairs OUTSIDE the mailbox where any one can just pick it up. I had ordered a MP3 player from Dell and they just left it on top of the mail boxs Hello it says Dell on it you know it has to coast some money what every is in side. It was a saturday too and I was going out Luckily I took the front door and not the back door or it would have been gone:mad: I say if you have some thing coming in the mail just go and check at the time the mail man comes.

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 01:34 PM
I would never buy anything frozen off ebay.

Thanks Frank for the heads up on that;)

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't even what to think of that smell:( My mail man/woman use to ring the bell when I got some thing, but not any more they just leave it down stairs OUTSIDE the mailbox where any one can just pick it up. I had ordered a MP3 player from Dell and they just left it on top of the mail boxs Hello it says Dell on it you know it has to coast some money what every is in side. It was a saturday too and I was going out Luckily I took the front door and not the back door or it would have been gone:mad: I say if you have some thing coming in the mail just go and check at the time the mail man comes.

Dontcha just hate that? Our mail man is incompetent anyways ~ speaks NO english:mad:

used2bBubbles
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
ahh, but he is a government employee and gets paid well!!!!! Ain't it grand sometimes? :p

I did a similar thing yesterday: bought 1/2 lb. cbw from Absolutely Discus (Bill) and was in such a rush to get my 3 little bss acclimated to my pH that I left the bag on the table in the kitchen for about 5 hours. When I picked it up and looked, no worms were moving. :( But Bill said to give them a chance, rinse them well and see. Well I'll be darned if 75% appeared to be ok. I tried to weed out the doas and put them in small plastic containers in the fridge.

Couldn't find a lid for 3 containers....this morning I opened the fridge to find cbw popsickles!!!! OH MAN!!!!!!! I am so ticked off!!!!!!

Kathi

t_j
07-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I know this has nothing to do with BW's but I love Bills Stingrays they are so cool!!!

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Stingrays they are so cool!!!

Stingrays?? Do tell Tj ~ I adore Stingrays!! Pics? Letz juss change the topic shall we?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_18.gif

Ryan
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
I left a pound of bloodworms on the counter a few mornings ago. I meant to come back and put them up after feeding the fish, but I got preoccupied and left them out. When I came home that night, the entire pound had defrosted and ran down along the counter and onto the floor, all over the kitchen cabinets. To make matters worse, the cats found this fun, and hopped and jumped on the bag, making them ooze out onto the counter. There were little red kitty prints all over the place.

The smell was awful, but what's worse is that the red color stained our counters. I scrubbed for 20 minutes with Lysol Kitchen-Safe and it's still there.

I would never order anything like that from eBay. It just seems too unreliable. Go with someone like Drs. Foster & Smith who clearly outline their shipping procedures and stuff.

Ryan

tpl*co
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Don't get me started on Ebay, and shipping!

Ewww, that must have been nasty! I've had mail carriers that have shredded catalogs and magazines by forceably stuffing them through the mail slot and one mail carrier that was delivering a package in front of me, "hmm fragile..." then threw it up in the air and caught it right in front of me!

Needless to say there is my aquarium saga also. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow morning. DS told me my cell was ringing this morning but didn't answer it, it was the shipping company that wanted to reschedule the delivery since they do my route in the morning and they didn't get it on the truck :(.

Tina

Kindredspirit
07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I would never order anything like that from eBay. It just seems too unreliable. Go with someone like Drs. Foster & Smith who clearly outline their shipping procedures and stuff.

Ryan

Ya think Ryan?? I know now:( I didnt even think to see how they wld de'lvr them ~ I guess I was thinking ...that 'common sense' thing:confused:

tpl*co
07-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Ya think Ryan?? I know now:( I didnt even think to see how they wld de'lvr them ~ I guess I was thinking ...that 'common sense' thing:confused:

Hmmm, "common sense" seems to becoming less and less common and more and more rare...

Did you pay through a credit card? Maybe you could get a refund. The claims through Ebay and Paypal stink probably as much as those worms did :(.

Tina

t_j
07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Well I saw Bill at one of the swaps here in the chicagoland area and he had two of his stingrays with him and I was like oh my god you can have stingrays with discus:D Well then I went to Bills house last winter to check his discus and stingrays out and to talk to him about them they looked great there about the size that you could put in to a 55gl but they grow fast so they wouldn't be able to stay in a 55 for long and thats all I got:( So there went my hope of getting a stingray. I might go see him again and see what he says about a 125gl. I don't want to get one and them be to big its just mean if I did that. Well I don't have any pics but if Bill is on this site I think he does. Thats as far as my stingray experience gos but if I ever do get one I'll have lots of pics to share. Now back on the topic of crapy mail orders.

Kindredspirit
08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I know Tj I ran into that as well ~ keeping a Sting Ray in a 55gal....that is my biggest tank:p

lhforbes12
08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Well I saw Bill at one of the swaps here in the chicagoland area and he had two of his stingrays with him and I was like oh my god you can have stingrays with discus:D Well then I went to Bills house last winter to check his discus and stingrays out and to talk to him about them they looked great there about the size that you could put in to a 55gl but they grow fast so they wouldn't be able to stay in a 55 for long and thats all I got:( So there went my hope of getting a stingray. I might go see him again and see what he says about a 125gl. I don't want to get one and them be to big its just mean if I did that. Well I don't have any pics but if Bill is on this site I think he does. Thats as far as my stingray experience gos but if I ever do get one I'll have lots of pics to share. Now back on the topic of crapy mail orders.

Bill is on this site but he hasn't posted in a little while. I don't think he still has sting rays but I could be mistaken.

t_j
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
He has his own personal sting rays in his tank but I don't think he has any in stock right know to sale.

lhforbes12
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
He has his own personal sting rays in his tank but I don't think he has any in stock right know to sale.

TJ,
Yep! I was there a month ago. I don't remember any stingrays, but I was interested in discus, and I'm old so I may have forgotten. I'm going there this weekend though, so I'll try to remember to ask Bill about them.

<------- Also in Chicagoland