PDA

View Full Version : LONG ISLANDERS

diskboy
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey, you guys the man i work for is into fish a little less than i am but still into it. he went to school for oceanology i thought that was pretty cool but he still ended up a farmer/???. his daughter a good friend of mine just moved to long island to play and coach softball. While him and his wife were down there she took him to a place called "Aquarium Adventure" has anyone been there i might take a trip to long island next week. He said the place was amazing i hope it is beacuse I hope to get some discus if they have any "good" ones there.

one question though

can discus survive a 4 hour car ride with a air pump in the bucket i will put them in?

thanks,
kevin

t_j
07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
We have a Aquarium Adventure here in Chicagoland area and the one here has some sickly looking discus I would never buy from there but they do have a pretty cool setup for all there fish. Maybe the one in Long Island is better then this one out here.

diskboy
07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
eeek!!! now i'm having second thoughts i guess i will see when i get there idk they say they have the best and cleanest conditions but maybe they are just exagerating (sp?) i dont know i will have to wait and see....

t_j
07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
They do have the best and cleanest conditions but there quality of discus isn't vary good at least not out here they aren't. But like I said it might be different out there. They really do have a great setup its pretty cool in there.

AmberC
08-01-2006, 06:36 AM
I drove 4 hours to Richmond and brought home 4 discus with no air stone. I told them how far I was going and they bagged them really well and added air to the bag and let me have one of the styraphone boxes they recieve fish in for the trip home.

I cant answer the other question tho :)
Amber

diskboy
08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
thanks Amber and t j. I might get some other fish besides discus like apistos or something? idk will have to wait and see.