PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone

BobB
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
ever bought Discus from these folks?

http://www.sunrisetropicals.com/

idiscussdiscus
08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure if I would. I have never heard of them. I reccomend you buy your fish from discus hans. He caries the very rare and popular stendker german bred discus. I have a few of them and they look and are doing great. Plus they have really nice colors.:D

Timbo
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
vary rare stendkers? they are only "rare" outside of any of Hans' many distributors

DISCUS USA
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Tony at Sunrise Tropicals is a real stand up man.. stands behind every discus he sends out.. ive bought from him in the past total of 4 times.. the thing i like about Sunrise tropicals is Tony brings in the strains others that only see black and white dont bring in.. rare cool strains he got on constant basis..

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Tony at Sunrise has a wide selection of fish to choose from and he's been in business since 1989. Are you sure you haven't heard of him?

http://www.sunrisetropicals.com/

IME Tony is a fair guy to deal with.

Kenny

sleonard
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
My LFS carries Stendker Discus from Hans. Usually they are pretty good looking but last week I was there right after they unpacked a new shipment and there were a lot of obviously stunted fish. Eyes too large and coloring up even though they were only 2 inches.

Scott

April
08-08-2006, 09:24 PM
not sure..any of them are rare...stendkars are distributed all over the world..
hans only does wholesale now..youd have to get from your closest dealer..that he sells to. but..they are big strong hearty fish .
not sure tonys are rare either..perhaps he has a great selection..as he imports.
give me the old classic strains anyday..more hearty..stonger..more instincts in breeding..
better yet..ill take wilds.or wild crosses..who are so calm..and act like a normal discus.
where do you live. tonys would be good if you can go there and handpick.
theres also other great places. like gold mountain discus..or jack in kc..also dan of gulfcoastdiscus or angela and andrew. angela is a mod on here.

swinters66
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Wow that pure gold discus he has on his web site is phenomenal!! What a gorgeous fish!