PDA

View Full Version : HIGH ALERTS?? ORANGE/RED??

Kindredspirit
08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I have the news on and apparently we have HIGH ALERTS in place ...at least out here in Cali ~

All US and British Airlines ....all on red/orange? You can not bring your coffee on the plane .........no bottled water??? Nada!

They only say to bring "patience" to the airport today folks! i even heard the buses and BART are on High Alerts in the City?? SF.......

I worked really late last night .........

WHAT HAPPENED??:confused: :confused:

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

Jarrod
08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
The Brits thwarted a plot to blow up planes leaving Heathrow airport with explosives hidden in carry on luggage.

pcsb23
08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
This can explain it better than me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

Its a great world we live in:sad:

Cosmo
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Iran's looney tunes President has threatened to "light up the skies" on August 22nd, a fact few are aware of. Wonder if there's any connection :confused:

t_j
08-10-2006, 01:13 PM
I 've been watching the news all morning and they said some of them already bought airline tickets and most likely where going to go through with it in a couple of days.:mad: They got 21 one people but they say there can be up to 50 people plaining this plot.

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 01:44 PM
What is wrong with these people? Why do they hate us so much that they want to kill innocent children, the elderly, and anybody who randomly steps in the way?

I know that a lot of it is the culture; many of these "kamakazi killers" believe they will go to heaven and be with 7 virgins if they die for Allah. But what have we ever done to them? And how can these people who live in barren land with little economic power afford to do this? It boggles my mind and makes me very sad.

My family and I were spending our last day in Paris on 9/11. Actually, we were in Giverny and heard about it on our way back. We didn't know if this was a global threat or one against just Americans and we were so scared and wanted so badly to come home.

Random terror is dispicable. How are we ever going to shut these people down? I keep thinking if only enough of them would self-detonate as bombs they'll run out of people, but they don't.

I have 2 sons getting on an airplane tonight headed for New York City. Do ya think I'm worried?

wolfbane
08-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm a member of our volunteer Houston Airport Ranger program, we've been asked to patrol horseback through the weekend. It's so hot!! Maybe I can get an evening slot.

t_j
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Iran's looney tunes President has threatened to "light up the skies" on August 22nd, a fact few are aware of. Wonder if there's any connection :confused:

Well they say it might be connected to the 22nd or 9/11 but thay say to still be aware on the 22nd I don't think they have enough info yet to say witch date this plot may be connected to.

pcsb23
08-10-2006, 05:06 PM
What is wrong with these people?
Don't know, we can't use western ideals and values to assess their behaviour. They believe that by doing this they and their family will live in glory forever.

Why do they hate us so much that they want to kill innocent children, the elderly, and anybody who randomly steps in the way?
To them they are not innocents, but infedels...

I know that a lot of it is the culture; many of these "kamakazi killers" believe they will go to heaven and be with 7 virgins if they die for Allah.
Don't mean to be picky, Kamikaze was a duty by the Japanese for their emporer and they only attacked military targets, like warships. The people who kill innocents of all religions, faiths and beliefs, including their own do not deserve to be put into the same category as Kamikaze. They have no honour and are only worthy of utter contempt, the kamikaze however at least demanded respect.

But what have we ever done to them? And how can these people who live in barren land with little economic power afford to do this? It boggles my mind and makes me very sad. They are funded by corruption, moral and literal.

My family and I were spending our last day in Paris on 9/11. Actually, we were in Giverny and heard about it on our way back. We didn't know if this was a global threat or one against just Americans and we were so scared and wanted so badly to come home.
Some of my closest friends and all of my work colleagues were in London on 7/7 when the Tubes and Buses were attacked, I was sick with worry.

Random terror is dispicable.
Utterly despicabnle and contemptable.

How are we ever going to shut these people down?
Not sure western politicians have the guts to do what is necessary.

I keep thinking if only enough of them would self-detonate as bombs they'll run out of people, but they don't.
I wish they would see sense and decency and realise the only way forward is to live and let live. Tolerance is the real key, but the perpetrators of the inhumane crimes and destruction of ordinary peoples lives by these animals leads me to believe only very drastic measures can resolve it, sadly.

I have 2 sons getting on an airplane tonight headed for New York City. Do ya think I'm worried?
I suspect so, but be comforted that the authorities this time know about it and measureas are in place. We have to be lucky everytime, the terrorists only once.

Kathi, forgive me I am not picking on you or your feelings, far from it, you voice the views and concerns and confusion of many decent people. I guess I am just getting too damned cyncial in my old age. I truly hope your sons travel safely.

Kindredspirit
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Well said Paul ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif

Kathi your sons will be fine ~ I hate to fly tho ~ hate it ~

Dissident
08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
What is important to note, then, is that fear poses the greatest threat not to one's external enemies, but to the power structure itself. The government that subjugates its citizens and produces their loyalty through fear creates not a democracy but an aggregate of highly resentful slaves...Ultimately, if a government relies overwhelmingly on the sad passions, it creates wretched conditions and an unbearable affective disposition for its constituents*/yet another way in which power gives birth to its own gravediggers.
-Baruch Spinoza

Makes more sense taken in the context of the last 5yrs than it did back in '98

There is no way to stop terrorism. It will always exist, as it always has. The best thing to do is be vigilant here. Secure ports, borders, protect our citizens, change through foreign policy, become self-sufficient as a country, be active on the world-stage, all of which have been failures of past & present administrations.

It all stems down to the fundamental differences in religion and politics between us and them. Our media and government refers to Hamas (as an example) as a terrorist state. You go to Lebanon and talk to some of the people who live there and all of a sudden the 'terrorist state' becomes 'freedom fighters'.
The "You killed my parents, I will kill yours" mentality as existed for centuries over there and is so deeply rooted in their lives there is little that can be done. It's not as simple as changing government you have to change people. It's a good thing we adopted the policy of killing them before they kill us, that way we are safer.

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for your comments, Paul. No, you weren't picking me apart. And you are 100% correct about the kamakaze pilots...at least they were dying for their country and honor, altho these people believe the same....

I appreciated reading your view of this situation, especially since you are in the UK. What necessary measures do you think we need to take to stop this?

...and thanks, Marie. I know, I know, they are probably fine because security is so hightened. It's the "probably" that worries me....

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
There is no way to stop terrorism. It will always exist, as it always has. The best thing to do is be vigilant here. Secure ports, borders, protect our citizens, change through foreign policy, become self-sufficient as a country, be active on the world-stage, all of which have been failures of past & present administrations.

Oh, I know you are right, Diss, but it has never been this bad and to such great extents....makes me want to move to Australia where nobody hates them, they don't hate anybody and they have cool animals....

Dissident
08-10-2006, 06:32 PM
....makes me want to move to Australia where nobody hates them, they don't hate anybody and they have cool animals....

You too?

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
You too?

LOL -- I bet if we took a poll and asked people if they COULD, would they move to Australia, there would be a huge resounding YES!

Pretty said our country has become such a target for terror.

lhforbes12
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I know, I know, they are probably fine because security is so hightened. It's the "probably" that worries me....

Exactly the response they want to elicit.

btw I know how to stop them, although it's pretty drastic. Sometimes you need to think "outside the box".

lhforbes12
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
LOL -- I bet if we took a poll and asked people if they COULD, would they move to Australia, there would be a huge resounding YES!

Pretty said our country has become such a target for terror.

I wouldn't even think of moving. Why let them win? I would much rather they LOSE, big time.

Timbo
08-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Australians have been targeted too. 88 Australians died in 2002 in the Bali nightclub bombing. a couple of terrorist plots have been foiled there as well.

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Australians have been targeted too. 88 Australians died in 2002 in the Bali nightclub bombing. a couple of terrorist plots have been foiled there as well.
Gee, thanks, Tim, for dashing my only hope for a safe place to run off to....

So Larry, you'd rather stick around here and let them blow up our friends and relatives? Oh, that's right, you live in *&^%lake. NOBODY would bother anybody there!!!

used2bBubbles
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Exactly the response they want to elicit.

btw I know how to stop them, although it's pretty drastic. Sometimes you need to think "outside the box".

Oh, and thanks for making me feel better, Mr. Sunshine!

Ok. I'll bite. I'm sorry; I'm staying inside the box. How do you stop them?