PDA

View Full Version : Carryons

architect1
08-10-2006, 03:04 PM
What do people that fly think about Locked carryon.

What I mean by this is that you can bring your carryon, on the plan but when you put them up top. Then they are locked before the plan takes of and are kept locked till the plan is stopped?

Any thoughts or ideas.

The reason why I asked is because I just seen that you can't bring on your carry on, on some plans.

t_j
08-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I think its ok just as long as you can hold on to things you need during the trip. But at the same time you'ed think that the flight attendants would be holding on to the key some body that wanted that key could get it and then there would have been no point to lock them in the beginning IMO.

Graham
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM
The amount of ''Stuff'' that people are allowed to carry onto a plane is stupid. They should be restricted to absolute essential and that it..... and then lock them up

G

Cosmo
08-10-2006, 04:16 PM
I just received a memo from my employer issued to all people who travel. You can still carry on luggage, but you can't have any type of liquid (like shampoo, conditioner, water, shaving cream, tooth paste, etc) in the carry on. So if you're the type, like me, that never used to check bags you'd better getused to doing it, or looking like crap in the morning meeting :p Also, any beverages you buy in the gate area can't be carried onto the plane... so much for buying a starbucks to take with you huh :confused:

Jim

architect1
08-10-2006, 04:16 PM
So then make the locks automatic. The lock would be ran by a computer. Then to unlock them you would need like a master key like the esso filling key they got. Something I was just thinking now adays there should be nothing but the passengers on the plan.

lhforbes12
08-10-2006, 04:21 PM
I always check my bags, mainly because I'm too lazy to carry them to the gate. It's a PITA when you arrive but it's easier all round. Given today's events I can't say that I blame the authorities.
btw Great Job Brits!

t_j
08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Canada is thinking about no carryons at all.

architect1
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
They would save alot of space in the cabin. But god what a mess it would be.

Tony_S
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
What I mean by this is that you can bring your carryon, on the plan but when you put them up top. Then they are locked before the plan takes of and are kept locked till the plan is stopped?

Ok....so what about the guy that just smuggled liquid explosives in a couple of hair gel tubes through customs(point A)....on the walk to the plane(point B) he slipped the tubes into his pants....His carry on is now locked in the overhead compartment and he's sitting next to you....do you feel any safer because his carry on is locked up?

There's too many possibilities that could/can take place between point A and B. They can't eliminate point A or B....so they do their best to eliminate the possibilities.

Tony

architect1
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I thought all this stuff got check befor you get on the plan. I also thought they had to cannect all these things on the plan like they where saying on the radio. then they us the camra as the trigger. if they can't get at it they can't blow up the plan.

t_j
08-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Like Tony was saying there is a point A and B after getting checked out at the check point the person could have some one working at the airport like at one of the stores or a clean up guy who knows and they can slip a bottle (all they need is one bottle) to the guy going on the airplain. He could hide that get on after every one and explode it before they locked any thing up or if its in a locked over head ben then after they land he could do it then also. There is no way to secure every thing and watch every one in an airport its too big and too many people, but thay are trying. There are just too many crazy people these days that are willing to do any thing including killing them selfs. Nothing is safe any more.

Kindredspirit
08-11-2006, 02:24 AM
so much for buying a starbucks to take with you huh :confused:

Jim

I heard today specifically " no starbucks and no bottled water"....come four hours early bring nothing but patience!"

I hate to fly anyways~

Tony_S
08-11-2006, 05:48 AM
I thought all this stuff got check befor you get on the plan.

From your reaction and misunderstanding to all this, I can only assume that you've never flown before, or very little?

Tony

architect1
08-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I've flown 15 times. Its nothing special.

THe only reason why I said that was becase of the scaners. Like if all this stuff was conected and it goes in the scaner they will see its a bomb. Oh might not theres probly to many so i guess. Also that terriorist offical said that they connected it on the plan.

Then i guess the only way too eliminate the problem is no carry ons. IT makes the plan lighter and will alow them to make it bigger. If the problem still keeps comming I can see them just having a plan with just people and then your lugige will be flown out buy an RO Unit.

I do wonder if shiping and other modes of transportation are getting more busness from the scared flyers and to long of lay overs.