PDA

View Full Version : meth blue question

yeomans
08-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello all,
The question I was wondering is this:
If you were to remove the breeding cone after hatching and to place it in an aerated tank dosed with meth blue, how long should you leave it for in the meth blue? Is there any chance that this procedure could be overdosed at all?
What kind of time limit would you leave the cone in this bath before the dip is done?

josh

billeagan
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Josh,

I'm not sure I understand your question. If the eggs have hatched and you are removing the cone why would you want to put the cone in Myth blue?

Bill

AADiscus
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I would leave the cone in the tank once they have hatched. If you want to add meth blue then add it to tank once the pair completes spawning.

08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
The whole idea of meth blue is to reduce the chance of fungus growing on the unhatched eggs. Now I suppose you could take the cone out after the parents were finished spawning and put it in the other tank like you said with meth blue, you can't over do meth blue in my experience. You need to keep the eggs in meth blue until they hatch. I do continue to do a wc everyday on the tank no matter what and you will see the water will clear up a little more with each wc. Why do you want to seperate the parents from the eggs?

CliffsDiscus
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Jolsh,
You want to use the meth before the eggs hatch, not after.
OD on meth blue is easy, the result is death.

Cliff