PDA

View Full Version : Should I put the male back in ?

diamond_discus
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
I was down to a few fry yesterday. The male was light color and no attached fry. So I removed him back to the community tank and hoping to let the female to raise the remaining fry. She seems to be scared now and trying to hide at one corner of the tank, not much movement and refuse to eat. I don't think this is a good sign. Should I put the male back in ?

By the way, I had white paper covering up all side of the tank and the water level is very low.

Carol_Roberts
08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
No, I would not add him back today after being in the community tank. Give her a chance to raise whats left of the fry. Next time you may want to try pulling the female - usually the male is the better parent.

diamond_discus
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
The reason I pull the male is because it has very light color. The fry seems to attach more to the female then the male.

See the last picture I posted in the thread : http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=52214

AADiscus
08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
How many fry are you talking about? I would not put the male back in though. Even though his color went lighter don't take them out unless they are fighting with each (parents) other. Other thank that, it gives the parent(s) experience.

diamond_discus
08-15-2006, 10:26 AM
less than 5 frys left now ... My frys are having hard time to attach .. So, I try to feed them different type of food .. but that foul the water quickly. Anyway, I guess this is a learning experience for both parents and myself .. I will keep both parents in the tank next time.