PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about GAST PUMPS

CAGE-RATTLER
08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
A guy near me is getting out of breeding and has a Gast pump he said i could have for $20 but when i asked how quiet it was ..... he plugged it in and it was locked up. It was pretty rusty looking and since it was locked up i wasnt interested.

He then started to tear it apart but gave up pretty quick......lol.

I got ready to leave and he said take it with you and if you get it running ..... bring him something for it ..... and if i didnt get it running ..... dont worry about it.

Well i tore it apart abd cleaned it up and got it running fairly easy but its definately noisier than i want in my house.

Im just looking for some info on this pump to know what kind of output i could expect from it.

Its a ......

GAST Model# 0322-P111-G18DX
Serial# 1181
1/4 HP
60HZ

When i got it running the air pressure didnt seem that high so im assuming its a low pressure high volume pump?

Any clue how many sponges it will run??

Any clue how power efficient it is?

I believe it said its 4.2 amps but i know nothing about electrical .... lol.
I usually look for watts but theres none listed.

Any help would be appreciated

White Worm
08-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Have you been here?
http://www.gastmfg.com/blower.html

White Worm
08-19-2006, 01:33 AM
This is probably close

I have a used Gast rotary vane air pump which appears to be a model number 0322. The entire number is 0322-P102-G18DX-0879. What are the air flow and pressure specs on this pump?

Thanks
Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By tec on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 09:05 am:
Hi Dan,
The model 0322-P102-G18DX performance is 10psi max. pressure and has a open flow of 2.4cfm. Your unit was made in (0879) August 1979.
Thanks
EAG

CAGE-RATTLER
08-19-2006, 01:34 AM
http://www.gastmfg.com/rotaryvane.html

Yes i was on there earlier.

Mine is the Oiless Rotary Vane style .......... but all those numbers on those charts is like me trying to read chinese ......... lol.

My model isnt listed there but the closest i see to my 0322 model is the 0323 i guess.

White Worm
08-19-2006, 01:35 AM
I agree, that chart is greek to me but you could send the techs a question.

CAGE-RATTLER
08-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Did you get that post off the gast site??

Didnt notice a forum or anything

White Worm
08-19-2006, 01:41 AM
http://www.gastmfg.com/discus/messages/23/43.html?WednesdayDecember2620011105am

You could probably try and email the tech guy. Its been a while but who knows.

White Worm
08-19-2006, 01:42 AM
technical@gastmfg.com

Give it a try.

CAGE-RATTLER
08-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah i might do that ........... but i doubt they could tell me how many sponge filters i can run ...... lol.

Thanx

By the way ....... I had 3 pairs of my turks all lay eggs today ...... lol

Im hoping the ones in the 29 will be fertile and not all white tomorrow. Only 3 white ones out of a huge batch of eggs so far. Theyve been laying about every 6 days since they started. The other 2 pairs are both in 2 different community tanks so they wont make it.

Man i have to get this room finished.

CliffsDiscus
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Gast pumps are one of the better companies for blowers, they are use mostly
for hatcherys and stores. Do your really need a pump to run over 100 air stones? Your electric bill will be very pricey.

cliff

CAGE-RATTLER
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Gast pumps are one of the better companies for blowers, they are use mostly
for hatcherys and stores. Do your really need a pump to run over 100 air stones? Your electric bill will be very pricey.

cliff

I figured it was pretty powerful and definately much more than i need ... or want to spend on electric ............. but it was a freebie and was just curious. I'll probably give the guy $20 for it and keep it for a back up or if i ever get that big..... which i doubt.

I also have some printing equiptment that use these types of pumps ..... so having a spare around for those would be nice too.

The noise alone will keep me from using it in the house.