PDA

View Full Version : bubbles in eye

trusty
08-24-2006, 08:31 PM
hi folks my discus has bubbles in his eye. any ideas tips to remove. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Graham
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Is this within the lens of the eye or is the eye being pushed out. There are all kinds of reasons for ''pop-eye'' Within the lens I'm not so sure of....any pics

G

trusty
08-24-2006, 11:56 PM
i will try to take pics. And yes its on the lens of the eye...

Green Country Discus
08-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Trusty, several years ago we had a Red Melon that developed bubbles in her eye. This did not effect the size of the eye and no pop-eye symptoms were observed. We did post on Simply but did not rec' any advice, so I am thinking this must be quite rare. Anyway, I decided to just watch the condition carefully and did not medicate. After several days I noticed a decrease in the amount of bubbles and after about 3 weeks+- they were gone. We still have this fish and have raised many of her fry. Her eye has been normal since.

Please keep us posted. I still wonder why this happens and hope that your fish recovers. I would like to see a pic also.

trusty
08-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks I will post pics soon. Yeah when I first observed this problem there was many lil bubbles. Some went away, the eye is fine he eats no problem. My discus is a glss just hoping it will clear up soon.