PDA

View Full Version : fish got beaten up over night

sean13
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
First of, I know this is a discus forum but yester day, I looked in to my goldfish tank that my mom got and two of them were beaten up very badley over one night by another diffrent kind of gold fish gold fish.The ones tha got beaten up are black telescopes(the big eyed ones). their fins are all cut up,there big eyes are cut and very cloudy(cant even see),and their gills are mested up badly too.
and all of this happened while i was gone for a night at my freinds house. the white on was basicly eaten them.And i dont now why he did that when they only miss 2 feedings(the night and morning).
I will post the pics later

sean13
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/kjavari14/
heres the link, if it doesnt work, tell me sorry the pics arent that clear used a cell.
I dont now what to do with them because i have no meds for them and im in new york and were having bad weather outside so i cant get to the store.

Marinemom
09-02-2006, 04:53 PM
First thing to do is to put some aquarium salt in the tank at one tablespoon for each ten gallons. This will help soothe the injured fish and help facilitate healing. How are the fish acting? Does the white one chase or harrass the injured fish? If so, you may want to consider seperating them either to another tank or a tank divider. Also how big is the tank? This could be an aggression issue. If the tank that they are in is too small for them , fighting can break out and things like this can happen. Those are fancy goldfish and they need thier space and own territory each. Is it possible to post clearer pictures?

Diane

sean13
09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
bad news they died today, i think it was because of aggression.I never knew they were that they were like that.