PDA

View Full Version : Carbo-Plus, No CO2 Reactor needed...

poconogal
09-03-2006, 02:11 PM
All of you plant guys, what do you think about this?
http://www.petsolutions.com/Carbo+Plus-I-12515723-I-C-10142-C-.aspx

The Pet Solutions catalog that I just received explains it further and states that:

No CO2 reactor needed
No bubble counter needed
No CO2 gas needed
No tanks to refill

Sounds like something I'd be interested in, since I don't want to bother with the above stuff.

The unit is placed in the tank and has a control pack which is placed outside the tank. All you do is plug it in and set the control dial. It attaches to a lamp timer to provide CO2 only when lights are on. At max use it produces .29 grams of CO2 per hr and each carbon block last up to 4 mos. Use is one unit per 800 gallons

Opinions???

Connie

reeffreak25
09-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I've heard that it isn't a very good product. The holder is supposed to rust out and its expensive to replace. After a lot of research I just recently decided to go with pressurized co2.

lesley
09-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I tried it and it worked fine for six months, then needed to replace the carbon block (expensive!) then when we tried to fit it, everything fell apart because all the fittings had rusted. so I added it to my ever growing list of expensive mistakes!

Dood Lee
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Do a search at the www.plantedtank.net forums. The Carbo Plus system isnt rated very good.

poconogal
09-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I tried it and it worked fine for six months, then needed to replace the carbon block (expensive!) then when we tried to fit it, everything fell apart because all the fittings had rusted. so I added it to my ever growing list of expensive mistakes!
It just amazes me that they would make something that goes in water out of stuff that rusts!