PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade complete!

Ryan
09-13-2006, 02:18 PM
It took forever, but I finished our forum upgrade today.

There are new features tucked in here and there. Look around for them :) One of the best ones is the Multi-Quote feature for replying.

If you want to quote multiple people in your replies, you can now do that all at once instead of replying to them one at a time.

As you read through a post, click this button for each person you want to quote in your reply: http://forum.simplydiscus.com//images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

The button will turn red for each message you choose to quote. When you've selected all the messages you want to quote, click the "Post Reply" button at the bottom and they will all be quoted for you in your reply.

This should make it way easier to reply to a bunch of people at once in a thread.

There are other features too. If you have any questions or complaints about something not working, or if something appears to be missing, please post it here and I will try my best to help you figure it out.

CAGE-RATTLER
09-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Love the multi quote feature ryan .... nice job.

I also like the quick reply button .......... or was that always there?? lol

I hate having to hit the POST REPLY button and then waiting for another page to load when replying.

Ryan
09-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Quick Reply has always been there :) It is a nice feature to have.

There are a lot of things in this version of vBulletin to make the browsing and posting experience easier. Unfortunately attachments are still a little cumbersome.

CAGE-RATTLER
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately attachments are still a little cumbersome.

Still only 1 per post?

Ryan
09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
I might work on that... I think there's a new thumbnail feature that allows for easy attachment viewing.

brewmaster15
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Looks Great Ryan!

Nice work as always!!!:)

Thanks,
al

oodi
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Cool beans! Thanks Ryan!

Judi
:)

cartoon
11-23-2006, 10:24 AM
What a great way to start Thanksgiving Day! I'm so glad to see the forum up and running again :0). Thanks Ryan! Keep up the wonderful work.

cartoon:)

Owl
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
It's great to see the site back up and running again .... great job!