PDA

View Full Version : New Retirement Scheme?

Cosmo
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I just finished rebuilding our back porch. What a pain, as I took it apart I found water damage and dry rot that had been covered up so obviously weren't in the original rebuild plan :( In the process though I aquired some really cool new power tools :) All I need now is a Router and I have a complete word working shop, so.....

I'm thinking in addition to opening the Discus shop I had planned on, I can make special to order stands and hoods :D Hey, how hard can it be?? lol

Unfortunately, retirements a ways off yet, but think I'll try building a stand for my 90 and see what happens :)

Jim

Tad
09-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Jim,
Im going to have to use the "Dry Rot" excuse to get me some new power tools :D ..

BTW "retirement" isnt over rated.....its heaven :) ...

PS:
price of wood these days it might be cheaper to buy one already manufactured..:o

Tad

lhforbes12
09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
It IS cheaper to buy one ready made, unless you are using 2 x 4's

Tony_S
09-21-2006, 08:05 AM
It IS cheaper to buy one ready made

I'd have to say that's only applicable in the low range...'piece of crap' range of stands....get into the higher quality 'higher end' range...and it's UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE how much manufacturers charge.''
If your capable, and have the necessary skills...you can build one for a third of the retail cost.

Tony