PDA

View Full Version : I feel the need to share this!

Jarrod
09-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I posted a while back about my difficulties in getting my Fluval 203 canister filter up and running in the way it was supposed to. Without naming names or anything out of respect for this persons privacy and the naure of PM's. I had a brand new Fluval 404 sent to me!!! It was STILL NIB!(new in the box). I got a PM from this person that offered me this piece of equipment. I reponded and it was sent to my home via fed ex and it arived day beofre yesterday in wonderul shape...I PM'd this person and asked if I could reimburse them for at least the shipping costs. I was told not to worry about it and to just put it to good use. So folks..This is not the very first ime that this has happened..but one of two that has, once with live fish and again with equipment. So I guess what I'm trying to convey is this, Let us not become so involved in our own little worlds, but to care about and HELP others if you see the need. I think we all forget sometimes about others...and sometimes it takes a swift kick in the *** to remind us of these things..I'm not ranting at all...just stating a fact of life as I personally have found it is all. That and trying to promote the goodwill and all that we all try to live by. Sorry for the long post and all. But it was something that I felt had to be said....I think even more than financially we do our very best to support Al and Ryan in this forum. I DO wish that I was financially able to be able to contribute to support this INCREDIBLE forum and all my friends that I have made here!!! Allow me to say this Al and Ryan...and that is when I am a bit more solvent you can damn well bet this site will be waaaaaay up on my list!
Please forgive my long post but it was just somethings I felt tha I needed to say.
George

Dave_Discus
09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
That my freinds is human compassion. Very rare attribute.

marilyn1998
09-21-2006, 08:19 PM
This site has many compassionate folks on it. There are always times we need the help of someone else and God (or whoever you beleive in) provides. I live my life by this, and I also try to help those that are now in positions I once was, or may be in again in the future.

I know most here feel and do the same. Kudos to you all!

brewmaster15
09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi George,

I think even more than financially we do our very best to support Al and Ryan in this forum. I DO wish that I was financially able to be able to contribute to support this INCREDIBLE forum and all my friends that I have made here!!! Allow me to say this Al and Ryan...and that is when I am a bit more solvent you can damn well bet this site will be waaaaaay up on my list! I look back on all your posts and the way you post..you already do support us in a very important and meaningful way. You help make the site what it is by your participation here...people like you define what this site is like and what kind of tone it has. Financial donations can't hold a candle to that.:)

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts here...its comforting to know that in this day and age...theres still many many people out there who do the things they can for no other reason than to help others.:) Glad this site played a small part in that! I'll sleep well tonight!!!:):):)

take care,
al

Alan
09-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Awww.... :gossip: Group hug, group hug! :D

Kindredspirit
09-22-2006, 01:42 AM
This site has many compassionate folks on it.

Ya think? Jarrod I agree with you ~ what happened to you has happened to me a few times ~ actually a lot ~ Some I do not even know who....Someday I wish to return the good deeds:)

And we owe it to Al and Ryan ~

I always think if I was to win the lottery ( that I never play ) I wld give a bundle to Simply ~

....in a perfect world.....

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_21.gif

used2bBubbles
09-22-2006, 03:20 AM
BRAVO to each and every one of you who have posted! I agree 100% with you all. We need more compassionate, caring people in the world; there are so many jerks out there.

It is so gratifying to hear of your story, Jarrod. The fact that this person did this kind deed and then how thankful you were to both him and to this site.

I think the world is going at such a fast pace that we sometimes need to stop and take stock of what is around us: what we have in a personal sense and in our possessions and lifestyles. Most of us have a lot more blessings than sadness, I would guess. I know it is true for me. Anyway, we need to just stop once in a while and thank God (or whomever) for giving us what we've got. Friends are priceless. Compassionate and caring friends are indispensible and necessary to go on....

Thanks for sharing your incident, Jarrod.

billeagan
09-22-2006, 04:17 PM
George,

Excellent post.. There are definitely a lot of good people on this forum.

I think it is a direct result of the excellent mod's that we have on the board and their drive to keep it family oriented...

Bill