PDA

View Full Version : My tourqoise...

swinters66
09-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Did I spell that right?? Anyway...Just wanted to share these pics I just took. I just love my red torq. His colors are so bright!

The others are my other turqs...I think. I am not real sure what name these discus are....any ideas??

Thanks.

lhforbes12
09-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Stephanie,
That does not look like a red turq to me, a snakeskin maybe. It's still a bit small to tell for sure

Andres
09-21-2006, 10:44 PM
lhforbes12,

I agree with you put only for the 2nd and 3rd pic.

Kindredspirit
09-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Steph ~ I love that little one in the first picture!! He is adorable! So tiny:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_21.gif

used2bBubbles
09-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Stephanie, I don't care what they're called...I think they are great! I like the BLUE turquoise (that's for someone on this site who doesn't believe there are such things). But I think the turks and the SS and LSS are all pretty cool fish.

Your little guys are cute! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Timbo
09-22-2006, 07:43 AM
I like the BLUE turquoise (that's for someone on this site who doesn't believe there are such things).
wouldnt a "blue turk" (if there is such a thing) have a blue background with blue striations as the name would imply?

swinters66
09-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks all....I do know the first one is a red turq...that's how they were labeled at the lfs. My hubby got me the second discus....so I wasn't there. In the 3rd pic...the smaller discus was the very first one I bought. They were labeled "assorted"...whatever that means :confused:

The bigger guy's squiggle marks are a lot closer together and more...what's the word I'm looking for....ugh! ALthough his colors are the same as the smaller one in pic 3...the smaller one's squiggles aren't as "squished together"? Does that make sense.

And the orange one in the background...I was told they were melons....

Marie...my hubby likes the red turq too. Its his fav.

jeep
09-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Very interesting pattern on the turk (first photo)!!

09-22-2006, 09:05 AM
AHHHH, what a cute little feller!

used2bBubbles
09-22-2006, 09:51 AM
wouldnt a "blue turk" (if there is such a thing) have a blue background with blue striations as the name would imply?

Yes, you are right, Tim....I didn't realize it when I wrote that that it would come out sounding like I liked Steph's BT, I meant that I like BTs....and yes, Larry will agree with you that there may not really be a blue turq, but I like to call mine that. (Sorry for the confusion)