PDA

View Full Version : Our Newest Acquisitions from GLD

Beth
09-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Just wanting to share a few pics of our newest Acquisitions from "Da Man" Cary @ Great Lakes Discus......

Thanks Cary :kiss: :kiss:

First of all....... He sent a few of his original line of White Butterflies... They'll grow out nice ..... I'm sure of it......

and the next 2 pics are some Albino SS Guppies..... (I think that's what he calls them)

Kenny's Discus
09-23-2006, 11:21 PM
They're looking really good Beth! Hmm...and albino guppies too. Very nice!

Kenny

Beth
09-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Here are a couple that are really cool........

they're velvety black........ Cary always has something strange growing in his basement :D

Beth
09-23-2006, 11:25 PM
They're looking really good Beth! Hmm...and albino guppies too. Very nice!

Thanks Kenny..... wait til you see these next few pics :D

BTW..... Congrats!

Beth
09-23-2006, 11:29 PM
These Koi Swordtails are really nice.......

Those Hot Pink Danios are the BOMB!!!! They really are that pink :D Have you ever seen a fish so pink?

lhforbes12
09-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Beth,
I hate to say it, but most of those are very odd looking discus.

Beth
09-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I had to save the "Best" for last.........

These Angelfish are the Sweetest I've seen in a long long time........ the pics don't do them any justice.......

the Black angelfish is also Pearl Scale and hopefully Male....... The Gold is a sibling and I'd have to say by looking is a Male.....

Thanks A Million Cary......... You still GOT IT !!!!

Thanks fer lookin guys ;)
Beth

Marksdiscus
09-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Beth. COOOOOOL. A +++++++

Beth
09-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Beth,
I hate to say it, but most of those are very odd looking discus.

Yup!! You're right Larry........ but ........ the problem was ..... I think maybe Cary forgot he was sending me Discus.....or maybe his son Jack slipped them into the box along with those Discus :undecided:

oh!! ..... I forgot they had other fish in the box too......... some cute little bushy noses and some really cool mystery snails :rolleyes:

They all arrived in Superior Condition.....

Beth

Ed13
09-24-2006, 01:23 AM
These Koi Swordtails are really nice.......

Those Hot Pink Danios are the BOMB!!!! They really are that pink :D Have you ever seen a fish so pink?

Yes, I have and even "pinker" too. Just wait until they start growing once the females get heavy with eggs their coloration is going through the roof. And they even come in green(these look like they are emanating bioluminescence) and orange. Transgeneric glowfish are getting very popular in the island right now. You have to sign an agreement from the breeding farm that you won't reproduce them for them to sell you some, obviosly it only holds true for the importer or wholeseller and not for the end holder or hobbyist
They are really fun so enjoy them, play with the lighting to get different colors.

Timbo
09-24-2006, 07:51 AM
thems some fancy angelfish!

Jeffrey_Yang
09-24-2006, 12:01 PM
You know, I see so much discus everyday that I sometimes forget how pretty some other fishes can be. Great fishes and great pics. Thanks for sharing.

TRAKURT
09-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Since we are posting fish pics here are mine.

traco
09-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Beth and Tony, did it feel like Christmas morning when opening all the boxes you received from Cary? I bet it did!!!

All the fish you got from him are gorgeous. I love the angels. Can't wait to see those discus grow. You make sure you post pics of all these guys as they grow.

Congrats!:)

TRAKURT
09-25-2006, 03:02 AM
Lets try that again

April
09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
heh..those fish look exactly like the ones we got..in jasons tanks.. cept we didnt get the pink danios..rip off..lol. i also got baby butterflies. now the pressure is on..im sure beths will grow out way bigger and faster than mine..
so far mine are doing well . especially seeming they were two days in a bag. they had to sleep over two nites travelling. but..they are eating good and hopefully growing.
cary is da man.
next time..shipping will go perfectly smoothly . : ) it wasnt carys fault..its the nice fed-ex ladies fault. lol.

pcsb23
09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Beth, those discus are tiny!, hope they do well for you. Love the angels too:)... jurys out on the others ;)

Beth
09-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Beth, those discus are tiny!, hope they do well for you.

They're doing quite well...... this picture was taken this morning.... 5 days from the last picture ;) There's some cobalt fry from a small spawn in their as well.... those are pretty tiny.

pcsb23
09-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Beth, they are doing good, you can see colour developing in their fins, you will have to keep this thread going with regular pics :)

Beth
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Hiyas Barb ....

Beth and Tony, did it feel like Christmas morning when opening all the boxes you received from Cary?

Of course it did :D ....... I was running around the house trying to figure out where on earth was I going to put the extras that were in the box :idea2:

Tony's always the calm one around here..... He tells me I over think everything when it comes to these fish....... He thinks I'm :crazy:

I'll update pics as they grow...