PDA

View Full Version : Li'l help here, please...

Squiggy
09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok....so I'm sitting here eating my tuna and peanut butter sammich and thinking "man, this is a good sammich ...." Its the same breakfast I have everyday. But today is was really good...Anyway...I'm looking at this half eaten sammich and my mind does that thing where it searches for a tangent to go off on...you know...like memories of things I've never done or seen....

where was I...oh....yeah...

Anyway...suddenly I'm thinking about beef jerky.....Couldn't believe it. I don't even like the stuff...But there I am...can't get beef jerky out of my mind....

Then I realized something.....I know absolutely nothing about beef jerky!

I was thinking I should find someone who could tell me about it.... then I realized.... I don't know anyone who jerks beef....At least I can't remember ever meeting anyone who said "Hi...I'm a beef jerker..."

That started me thinking....I've never seen a beef jerky plant or factory or whatever they use....And I've never seen any classifieds looking for beef jerkers....or beef jerkers looking for employment...

This worries me....just what is this stuff?...and where does it come from?....

Is anyone here a beef jerker?...know a beef jerker?....seen a beef jerky manufacturer?....

:inquisitive:

I do know thats its one of the only things that seagulls won't eat....pigeons either....and that scares me...

By the way....did you ever notice that you never see baby seagulls?....or pigeons?.......

Dave_Discus
09-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Got Bi-polar?

Take some meds squig, takes some meds....:)

pcsb23
09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Tuna and peanut butter?? together?? on the same sandwich???

You need help - Blaaah:vomit:

I've never seen baby seagulls or pigeons either!:D

tpl*co
09-27-2006, 06:35 PM
My first thought was "you must be pregnant" when you mentioned those food combinations :p

Baby pigeons are squabs, seen them, you can eat them too.

Hmmm, ever watch infomercials and food dehydrators? Making jerky is one of the things they show.

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/delbalso/jerky.htm

Tina

Squiggy
09-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok....so you're tellin me that Ron Popeil makes beef jerky? :inquisitive:

...and the reason we don't see baby pigeons and seagulls is cuz you ate them?.....:inquisitive:

...and you think my eating habits are strange?...:crazy:

brewmaster15
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
and they said my albino pumkin Rant was because of my Meds...LOL..:D

If you like the tuna and peanut butter sandwich...You got to try anchovies and jelly...:p ;) ;)

-al

tpl*co
09-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok....so you're tellin me that Ron Popeil makes beef jerky? :inquisitive:

Only one example of many

...and the reason we don't see baby pigeons and seagulls is cuz you ate them?.....:inquisitive:

LOL, no, only you've haven't been looking in the right places. Pigeons have nests in nooks and crevices, and I believe seagulls do too.

...and you think my eating habits are strange?...:crazy:

no comment

wolfbane
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh Squiggy............ I think maybe you need more sleep or something! I've made jerky, chicken and rabbit. a slow oven works great to dry it and keep the bacteria down. Baby pigeons are under our freeway overpasses, on the cross supports. haven't seen baby gulls.

jeep
09-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok....so you're tellin me that Ron Popeil makes beef jerky?

Quite possibly the worlds greatest invention that improves upon the worlds most perfect food!!!

http://www.ronco.com/rco_prodinfo.aspx?pid=FD5000101001&color=&active=ascry

I own three of them :D

oodi
09-27-2006, 09:01 PM
And no thanks to Brian, I proudly own 2, and make beef jerky at least once a week, along with apples, watermelon, pineapple, etc, etc, etc....

Judi
:)

Tony_S
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Is anyone here a beef jerker?

Surveys show that 10% of all men are...and the other 90% lie about it!

Tony:D

Timbo
09-28-2006, 09:48 AM
LMAO! best thread in a month! hey Squiggatolah, we got alot in common (which is scary for both of us i think)

jerk the beef, jerk the beef...and then suddenly, i lose interest. happens everytime :)

Squiggy
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok....seems not many liked my tuna and peanut butter sammich idea...Most wanted me to substitute tomato or onion or mayo....
So.....I used all three....This morning's peanut butter with mayo, tomato, and onion was a refreshing change....Thanks for the suggestions, everyone...:crazy:

And the other thing....I decided I just have to meet a beef jerker in person. So, last night I put a big sign out front. "Will You Jerk My Beef?"

So far, just a couple local politicians stopped by....but I think they misunderstood....They thought it had something to do with the upcoming elections...:bandana:

Beth
09-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Jeezums.......

There's a place down the street here called Wagner's Meat Market,....... I'm pretty sure they jerk beef :o ........ I know his sign out front of the store says ......
"No one beats Wagner's meat" I swear... :D

Beth

Kindredspirit
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
LMAO! best thread in a month!

Yes it is Tim!!! Hilarious!! Good one Joe!

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Squiggy
09-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Jeezums.......

There's a place down the street here called Wagner's Meat Market,....... I'm pretty sure they jerk beef :o ........ I know his sign out front of the store says ......
"No one beats Wagner's meat" I swear... :D

Beth
So.............what?........They're looking for sympathy? :inquisitive:

t_j
09-28-2006, 06:58 PM
This subject is just too funny:laugh:

Ed13
09-28-2006, 09:33 PM
:noway: :noway: :noway:This thread is hilarious, thanks I needed that!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Tony,

Surveys show that 10% of all men are...and the other 90% lie about it!

Tony

I guess they are in denial!!!!

swinters66
09-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm starting to get a little scared..........:inquisitive: