PDA

View Full Version : hello from connecticut!

Andrew7769
09-27-2006, 05:46 PM
hey ppl i found this site in my search for info on discus as i am hoping to get a discus tank setup in the near future:p just need some money............lol well if anyone has any filters or spare fishtanks 30gal & up i will be glad to relive them off you:antlers: i am already a fish keeper and i also have turtles, my invintory is..
1 55gal with-1 black convict chiclid
2 tiger barbs
2-cory cats
1-red tailed shark
3-small plecos.

another 55gal w/ one red eared slider(6inchs) named george
1 20gal long w/ 2 eastern painter turtles

and a tank stocked w/ african chiclids

man i love these smilies:bandana: :) ;) :angel:

brewmaster15
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to SimplyDiscus.com!!! Where in CT are you from...I'm in Northford.

-al

Andrew7769
09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
i am in haddam south of middletown

hexed
09-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Andrew,
Welcome to Simply! I live in Waterbury :p
Frank

brewmaster15
09-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Nice to meet you neighbor.. your probably 20 -25 Minutes away if you go by Rte 17 in middletown.

Let me know when you get closer to setting up that tank... I have a few discus tanks here.:)

-al
Ps.. I have reptiles too..snakes and ornate box turtles

Andrew7769
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm just looking for a tank and filter....do you breed your discus? because i will probably be looking for 4-6 juveniles when i get my tank setup:)

brewmaster15
09-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Andrew,
I have a "few" discus:) . You are welcome to come by some time and talk about Discus before you take the plunge somewhere.

For equipment...Don't knock yourself out..Simple air driven hydrosponges..and submersible heaters are alls you need.

hth,
al

Andrew7769
09-27-2006, 07:20 PM
i was thinking a aqua-clear filter w/ my own "special blend" of filter media and a small air pump, although i see your guys point about bare bottom tanks i want a showey kinda tank so im gonna use substrate in the form of natral color aquarium gravel which is why i think i need a filter:bandana:

brewmaster15
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
My advice.. start with a simple bare tank, The aquaclears fine too... then after you "wet your feet" with discus...try the substrate tank if you still feel the need.... Thats my standard line of advice for anyone new to discus.:) Either way, you are welcome to visit here, drop me a PM if you want to come by...we can talk more then.

I also highly recommend that you read the back pages of our beginners forum , and possibly the disease forum..

welcome aboard again,
al

April
09-27-2006, 10:23 PM
if you want to learn discus and see some amazing ones..go see brew. take his advice! he has more than a few..hes the master and his house is buried in fish and tanks..etc..and he knows alot!! you will be in love by the time you leave there..he can help you alot.
as he said..all you need a sponges and a heater. heck..he may even have tanks laying about.

t_j
09-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome to Simply this site can help you with pretty much any thing and every thing when it comes to discus and more it's helped me. Again Welcome!!

Marinemom
09-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Welcome to Simpy Discus. You are in the right place to get all the information that you need to know for discus. Welcome to the addiction.

Diane