PDA

View Full Version : Near Mt.Shasta? GREAT DEAL FREE

mench
09-28-2006, 06:17 PM
WOW,go to Aquabid under discus on second page..the seller is giving..that is GIVING away his compleate set up..lots of fish tons of tanks and stands and equi[...All FREE.
First come,first served,pickup only ...wish I lived near there..Has to be worth a few thousand at least.

Good luck to you Calif folks

Mench

Kindredspirit
09-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Mench ~ I do not have time to check it out ....but just out of curiosity ....where in Cali!

Marie ~ :bandana:

mench
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Near Mt.Shasta

Mench

tpl*co
09-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Found it...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwdiscus&1160664873

Tina

Willie
09-28-2006, 07:23 PM
If something looks too good to be true....

Willie

discusdave
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
WOW,go to Aquabid under discus on second page..the seller is giving..that is GIVING away his compleate set up..lots of fish tons of tanks and stands and equi[...All FREE.
First come,first served,pickup only ...wish I lived near there..Has to be worth a few thousand at least.

Good luck to you Calif folks

Mench

I didn't see the word "free" anywhere in that ad. Looks like the guy wants money to me, but wants to sell to someone who knows what they are doing.
Regards,

April
09-28-2006, 08:53 PM
interesting..too bad i dont have that kinda loot..or a truck..or the room...or the time to drive there..wonder who the lucky person could be. they are beautiful fish.
how come no-one knows this guy ? anyone know him? paul from mount shasta discus?
come on mench..time for a road trip! rent a u-haul..wheres that road trip buddy of yours.

White Worm
09-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Sent email to check it out.....I'll split it with you april and tina and marie and whoever wants to get in on the deal. I'll wait and see what the bottom line is here. I will do it if it is a decent deal. I wanted a fish room so there it is. My own magic garage all at once. We'll see because as someone said, too good to be true? Mike

CAGE-RATTLER
09-29-2006, 12:15 AM
interesting..too bad i dont have that kinda loot..or a truck..or the room...or the time to drive there..wonder who the lucky person could be. they are beautiful fish.
how come no-one knows this guy ? anyone know him? paul from mount shasta discus?
come on mench..time for a road trip! rent a u-haul..wheres that road trip buddy of yours.

Did i miss something?
Cause i didnt see any pics on the add.

Darren's Discus
09-29-2006, 12:32 AM
hey cage try his website mountshastadiscus.com

cheers

CAGE-RATTLER
09-29-2006, 12:39 AM
hey cage try his website mountshastadiscus.com

cheers

I did ......... but i dont have a month to wait for it to load ;)

And it looks like it hasnt been updated in 2 years from the looks of the Coming Soon page.

DISCUS USA
09-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Isnt this the person people was putting down on this forum or another forum i think it was. expensive prices, questionable quality, no one seemed to have any real feed back on this seller..anyway good luck maybe someone here will get the stuff and can post pics.. :)

hector nyc-

April
09-29-2006, 02:07 AM
well..some beautiful fish in the pics..doesnt mean he was successful at raising fry to quality shape etc...
i dont remember a paul . i remember a few others..theres was a steve..and there were a few breeders who sold out in oregon a few years back. maybe some were denis' fish..or miles.
well mikskus may you be the lucky guy. if you are..ill buy some off of you..some of those schmidt fockes..or royal blues..

mench
09-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Well it may not be free,but it was no reserve and the one dollar stated the price has been met...It may be too good to be true but if I lived near there it would be worth a e-mail.....

Mench

tpl*co
09-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Sent email to check it out.....I'll split it with you april and tina and marie and whoever wants to get in on the deal. I'll wait and see what the bottom line is here. I will do it if it is a decent deal. I wanted a fish room so there it is. My own magic garage all at once. We'll see because as someone said, too good to be true? Mike

Let us know what you hear back :)

Tina

Greg Richardson
09-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Added by the Seller on Fri Sep 29 10:29:52 2006:

Clarifications: This is a real offer. When I say is not about the money, I mean, I do not expect to get anywhere near the $25,000 I have invested. While a bid is some indication of the buyer's commitment, I reserve the right to choose where the fish go, based on who I think will provide the best home for them. The auction will run until it expires on the 14th, when I will choose where the fish can go.

terps
09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
$25 grand invested for what he has listed??? I think not. That's funny. Anyway, he'll probably have just as hard a time getting rid of his stuff as Farwater had trying to sell his fish stuff.

Aquabid should probably remove his listing. When you list something for sale in an auction, the high bid wins. As a seller in an auction, you can't pick and choose whom you sell to. That defeats the whole purpose of an auction. Basically he's using Aquabid for an ad, not an auction.

aquaticplantman
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Basically he's using Aquabid for an ad, not an auction.

Well, not to try and defend this seller nor encourage more of this type of thing, but... who doesn't?

I'll agree, the guy is being pretty vague, and this is precisely the reason I wouldn't buy anything off of AB unless the seller is local and I can go see for myself.

-- Matt H.

Lee C
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, not to try and defend this seller nor encourage more of this type of thing, but... who doesn't?

I'll agree, the guy is being pretty vague, and this is precisely the reason I wouldn't buy anything off of AB unless the seller is local and I can go see for myself.

-- Matt H.

Just curious Matt, Have you ever purchased anything from AB?
Sounds like you had a bad experience from your post.

tpl*co
10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I've had enough stuff happen to me on AB to say "buyer beware" too, they don't seem to be policed as well as ebay. There was a seller that had in his title "free shipping" well taking that at face value I didn't read the entire auction and the fine print that it was "free for over $20". Luckily the seller let me back out. I've heard complaints that some sellers pass off fish for something they're not too (different types).

Tina

White Worm
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM
AB is such a scam nowwa days. Well....at least most who are selling are taking advantage of the process. They list things like No Reserve and then they start off at a predetermined price with no bids. Most sellers will call their discus whatever sounds cool. Then....they will have a picture which is the same picture for many of their adds. They will just try to blow up the picture or shrink it to make it look like a differnet pic. I saw one that listed 4 different strains but the pics were of the same tank, just different angles and portions of the tank and the same fish. Blah, never buy. Been there, never do again! Some good breeders advertise there but I would contact in person and get pics. Better to go local if possible.

Lee C
10-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I've had enough stuff happen to me on AB to say "buyer beware" too, they don't seem to be policed as well as ebay. There was a seller that had in his title "free shipping" well taking that at face value I didn't read the entire auction and the fine print that it was "free for over $20". Luckily the seller let me back out. I've heard complaints that some sellers pass off fish for something they're not too (different types).

Tina

Maybe you have seen the two Simply Sponsors on Aquabid selling discus?
If you backed out of a sale, did the seller ban you from bidding?
Did you read the feedback on the seller and look to see how recent it was?

April
10-18-2006, 01:12 AM
well...i saw with my own eyes..no scam...he was gracious and an avid hobbyist who has a severe passion for his discus. he was on the verge of tears..couldnt watch. his life has taken a change for now..so he had to let it all go. he will one day get back into it. for now he wants to travel etc.