PDA

View Full Version : My discus is picking on an other one, what should I do.

dandestroy
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
One of my discus (the bigger one), keep bullying one of the other tankmate. Only one of them, cause he his not doing this with any others.

He/she keeps smaking it and chasing it around the tank. The other spend a lot of time going darker but does not fight back. (actually both of them are spending a lot more time then before going dark for a min or 2 and then coming back to normal)

These 2 were not fighing at all last week and before, this is new. These are the same that keeps wrigling/vibrating.

Should I pull one out and put them in the first BB tank they were in?

should I bath them with PP or salt or formalin in case they have some external skin parasite that make them do the vibrating stuff?

I will try to post a video.

White Worm
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Nothing.....This is just normal behavior. The bully is most likely the male attempting to get the female into the mood but she is not accomodating his needs. One of my male discus is constantly picking on and chasing his old wife because she has lost that loving feeling towards him. If they are shivering together, one is just probably a little antsy and the other is taking their sweet time. As long as they are not causing damage, it will work out.