PDA

View Full Version : AUCTION@ discusasahooby.com

Chad
09-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi all Simply folks.....

Just wanted to alert you that we have a great silent auction going on at DAAH http://discusasahobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=7666.0 . Its for a breeding pair of snakeskins donated by HANS. Curently its up to 430.00 and will end october 1st. This will help keep DAAH free and I am willing to donate 20% of the auction to Simply for letting me post here... This will help ALL of our forums stay free... So please check out the auction and bid away!!

Please remember these forums have a huge cost... Its the passion of the owners that keep it FREE to all. I will be more then willing to recipicate to Simply when needed!!

Thank You,

Chad

brewmaster15
09-30-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi Chad,

Good luck with your Auction Chad... and thanks for offering some of the proceeds to Our Forum. Its a very generous offer on your part. Its also very generous of Hans to donate that Pair to help your Forum out financially.

Take care,
al

ps..Drop me a Pm some time...Its been a while.

Chad
09-30-2006, 03:22 PM
No problem Al... it wouild be nice to see a common goal between us all...

Survival... lol

Chad

Green Country Discus
09-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Chad, I do visit DAAH at times. If I had more time I would have more impact. Hats off to you and Al for what you both contribute to the hobby. Thanks to both of you for your commitment and the difference you make to all of us.

Chad
10-01-2006, 01:22 AM
No problem Andrew... I barley have time for my forum myself.... Visit when you can....

Thanks for the nice reply....

Chad

Kenny's Discus
10-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Nice seeing you here Chad. I visit your forum sometimes too and I wish you the best in this auction of yours from Hans. Thank you for your generous offers to SD also.

Take care, best wishes.
Kenny

Chad
10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
OK 3 HOURS LEFT!!!

Right now Joe is the leader with 430.00..... Cmon this pair is worth at least that with free shipping!!! WOW what a deal...

Simplys would get 86.00 bucks if it ends at 430.00... Not bad... lets drive it up more....

Thanks,

Chad

Chad
10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks Kenny.... for the kind words...

Chad

brewmaster15
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Chad,
You Know I was thinking...Giving Simplydiscus part of this auction is great and I Really Appreciate the thought here.. Funding our two forums is definetly not always an easy thing as we both Know.:(

Both our Forums try to help the community in our own ways... so in the spirit of this I was trying to think of a way that both our forums could help the community here.

If it does not offend you here...I would like to Donate all of that 20% from this auction back to all our members...in the form of a Donation to NADA on behalf of DAAH and SimplyDiscus.com.. That money could do a lot of good there.

What do you think?

-al

Chad
10-01-2006, 10:19 PM
WOW Al... you are a generous man... I know you struggle with the same things i do on the fourm... and still you want to donate proceds from youre pocket to NADA... NOPROBLEMO with me!!

Much respect Al!!

Chad

Tad
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Chad and Al :thumbsup:

Jessie555
10-02-2006, 01:46 AM
So that Discus Hans guy, donate something to DaaH, that goes for a part to Simply and than it goes to NADA, how many tax write offs are that????

Jessie

brewmaster15
10-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Looks like this Auction ended at $451... Thats $90 that NADA will get get on behalf of the Forums....:) I'd Like to Congradulate the Winner over at DAAH>.. Joe M.

Chad, To save on those paypal fees, Could you please make that donation directly to NADA on the part of our Two Forums.. Thanks!!!

Anyone else wanting to contribute to NADA can follow suit, Theres a paypal Link on their website....

http://www.discusnada.org

Thanks again everyone,
-al

Tony_S
10-02-2006, 04:32 AM
how many tax write offs are that????

Any reason that should be a concern of your's Jessie?

Tony:confused:

Timbo
10-02-2006, 07:49 AM
So that Discus Hans guy, donate something to DaaH, that goes for a part to Simply and than it goes to NADA, how many tax write offs are that????

Jessieits only one write-off, the orig value (not that it anyone's business but hans)

brewmaster15
10-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Its doesn't really matter.. What matters is Hans Donated fish to the Hobby by helping Out Chad finance his forum... Chad was willing to donate some proceeds here which helps the hobby... and we Inturn decided to help the Hobby by passing that along to NADA.

Its good for everyone all around and the Hobby benefits.. Its a good feeling for me.

Theres no need to over analize. Somethings are better left just at face value.

Thanks Again Hans, Chad , and everyone that bid on the pair.

-al

Carol_Roberts
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
THANKS GUYS :)
By the way . . . NADA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Any donations to us can legally be written off on your taxes.

NADA's goal is to educate the public about discus through our website, newsletter and speakers. www.discusnada.org

Chad
10-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks Al... I will pay it directly to them....

A HUGE thanks to Hans for the donation, and Joe for bidding.

BTW... who hosts NADA? I would be willing to host them for free if needed...

Chad

Carol_Roberts
10-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Thank you Chad - I will keep that in mind if we need to find a new host.