PDA

View Full Version : T-Boned

pcsb23
10-02-2006, 04:18 PM
On the way home from work tonight in London. Idiot in his car going too fast, couldn't make the left bend and hit me right in the middle of the passenger doors, caved the side of my car in.

Head hurts and shoulder and neck are real sore, will need to get a medical check now... suspect its whiplash.

All he could say was 'oo looks like you need a new side...' **!!** **!!** (saves the censor a job :)) He never even asked if I was allright!

All I can say is modern cars are very well built these days, it could have been much worse.

Thanks for listening :)

poconogal
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Paul, sorry to hear this. Thank God its not too serious. You must be shaken up right now, though. Have a cup of tea and go see the doctor. Good luck.

brewmaster15
10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Jeez Paul,
I am glad you are okay!!! That sounds like you got real lucky!
You are supposed to go the hospitol for this stuff though when it happens...not hours latter!;)

I'm guessing its going to be "Night Bottle" evening vs that "night Cap":)

-al

ps.. take the rest of week off from work here...I'll cover for you!:D

Dave_Discus
10-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Glad your ok...but if you guys drove on the right side of the road....:o

Squiggy
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Yikes!...Glad you're not badly injured. Hope you're not too sore in the morning.

Joe

pcsb23
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks Connie & Al,
My wife wanted me to go to A&E to get checked out but it will be full of drunks by now (its night here). I'll see how I am in the morning, if its no better I'll see the doc. And yes Al I am having a good night cap just now :) - well it is for medicinal reasons ;)

pcsb23
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks Dave and Joe, its appreciated.

Jarrod
10-02-2006, 04:48 PM
OH MAN Paul!!! I am sooooo sorry to hear that mate...I'm just very very glad you weren't serious injured meaning I know you're shaken up and all and stiff and sore...I do know exactly how you are feeling too I was T-boned back in 1984 by a car doing 55 MPH as I tried to get across a highway. That accident was my fault according to the highway patrol and it was really. As I came off the stop sign I very simply misjudged the speed of the car and distance it was away from me when I pulled out. That and I just plain aszzed didn't see it...I wound up with the vehicle I was driving on the drivers side with me under it after it rolled and pinned me under it with the roof line laying across my chest. Wound up totaling 3 vehicles in one fell swoop. I was told by the ambulance guys I was lucky to be alive which I knew since at the time I was a full time paid firefighter and worked ambulance on my days off from the FD. Cars can be repaired or replaced Paul but you couldn't be! So mate take it easy and get yourself to the doc to be checked out and make sure nothing is more serious than just what you are feeling now. Shock will cause you to not notice and feel things sometimes until it wears off and you find out something more serious is going on than just being shaken up.
All my best to you Paul! Rest well and believe me I'd definetely be tippling a bit myself if that has happened to me again.
George

t_j
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Glad to hear that your ok you should go to the hospital any ways at least to get some pain meds to make you feel better:o Happy that your ok though:)

pcsb23
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
George, car wrecks you walk away from (or get carried away from still breathing) are good ones! I reckon the guy must have been doing between 25 and 30mph when he hit me. The roads were wet so my car slid a little with the impact.

Tiffany, I have taken something for the pain, will see how it goes, but suspect a visit to the docs will happen (probably have to for the insurance company, as an injury has been recorded).

Now I've got all the paperwork to look forward to :(.

Dave_Discus
10-02-2006, 05:06 PM
May I suggest turning the heat in the house up to 88 and taking a salt bath?

Works for Discus.

pcsb23
10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
May I suggest turning the heat in the house up to 88 and taking a salt bath?

Works for Discus.:D

steve.ryall
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Paul, I am glad to hear you are ok, what a shock!!!! It has been quite bad weather here too today, but there was no reason for this idiot to do that. Good job he wasn't going any faster, good job you had a good strong car. I hope he had insurance.......did you get the police out? take any photos just in case? If you need a hand on Friday, as I'm passing right by, just give me a shout ok..

Make sure you get to A&E in the morning..you never know you know!!

Take care,

Steve

Kindredspirit
10-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Gosh Paul! I am glad you are okay! You may be really sore in a few days tho:( I think it is time to view your "Fav Night Cap" Thread!!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

marilyn1998
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Paul,

Let me see your eyes, are they dull or bright? Glad you are ok.
Keep an eye on it for a few days and be sure to finish that medication as you dont want to become immune!!!
Perhaps you will get a new auto out of this??? Glad noone was in the passenger side!

alpine
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
GO TO THE HOSPITAL and get check out. You never know.

roberto.

wolfbane
10-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Paul my friend! Don't take chances, go to hospital right away. Get checked out, its worth it. Please!

traco
10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks Connie & Al,
My wife wanted me to go to A&E to get checked out but it will be full of drunks by now (its night here). I'll see how I am in the morning, if its no better I'll see the doc. And yes Al I am having a good night cap just now :) - well it is for medicinal reasons ;)

A typical "guy" comment.

Paul, I am glad you are "okay". You definately go to the doctor and don't downplay your soreness. Have it all on record (been there, not done that). I hope you get better soon and I had to laugh at Al's comment about "night bottle" vs. "night cap". You knew that was going to come back and haunt you, right?;)

I hope tomorrow is a better day. You listen to your wife and get yourself checked out. Even "just a bit of a sore neck" can worsen. So what are you doing tomorrow?

- listen to your wife
- go to the doctor
- epsom salt bath (hey, wait a minute, where have we heard that before?)

oh yah, and listen to your wife ......:)

Hope you feel better soon.

lhforbes12
10-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Paul,
I have to agree with all the women, go to the doctor now, not tomorrow. Little things can turn into big ones rapidly. I am glad you found some "medicine" though. <grin> btw what in gods name does A & E mean? (It's a TV channel here).

traco
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Larry, I thought the same thing about A&E!:)

billeagan
10-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Glad your OK...

pcsb23
10-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks all for the kind words and advice, duly noted and acted on. I am a little sore but otherwise ok.

A&E is Accident and Emergency in hospital.

Kenny's Discus
10-03-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm real sry to hear something like this happened to you Paul; but I'm glad to see that you're still in good spirits(with your smiley:) ) so hopefully the "damage" is minimal. You get plenty of rest and I'm relieving you of your doctor's duty here for a few days my friend!;) j/k

Wishing you a super quick recovery Paul!
Kenny

AmberC
10-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Oh man Paul! That really sucks! I am glad that you are ok! You had better get in and get checked! Do I have to come to the UK and make you go? I was just in Maryland making my mom take it easy after her wreck! Although.. Maryland is a bit closer isn't it.

Take it easy Paul. My mom has had whiplash like 5 times. Its no fun. I hope you feel better!

tpl*co
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM
OH Paul,

So glad you're all right! See the bright side, at least that idiot hit the pasanger side and not the drivers side! Definitely see the doctor, adrenilin hides the symptoms until the next day. How are you feeling today?

Tina

pcsb23
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Kenny, Amber & Tina,

I am ok today, just a little sore but nothing serious. I went to see the works doc, she checked me out and gave the all clear so no real damage done fortunately. Thanks for caring.

Now just got all the paperwork to do :(

poconogal
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Kenny, Amber & Tina,

I am ok today, just a little sore but nothing serious. I went to see the works doc, she checked me out and gave the all clear so no real damage done fortunately. Thanks for caring.

Now just got all the paperwork to do :(
1) Glad to hear this, Paul...

2) Ugh, bad...

LizStreithorst
10-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Holy Moly, Paul. You be sure to get comfortably numb tonight because I guarantee you, wou won't be comfortably numb in the morning.

pcsb23
10-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Holy Moly, Paul. You be sure to get comfortably numb tonight because I guarantee you, wou won't be comfortably numb in the morning.

That all depends on how numb I get tonight ;)

Harriett
10-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Paul,
you're probably going to be sore as hell tomorrow. At the least, your vertabrae both neck and back took a major shock hit; you actually should get checked out by a doctor; to follow up by making an appointment with someone who does body work (chiropractic/massage) would be smart. When you get slammed like that, the muscles, bones, and nerves go banging around and there is tissue swelling and irritation of nerves. No kidding--get looked at. This is Harriett the nurse talking.
Take care!

CAGE-RATTLER
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Glad your OK Paul!

AADiscus
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm glad your ok too! Defiantly go and get checked out.

pcsb23
10-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Harriet, Cage, Angela many thanks for the concern. Saw the doc and she has said I'm ok, told me to take ibuprofen if needed (but G&T works better imo :D).

Jarrod
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Harriet, Cage, Angela many thanks for the concern. Saw the doc and she has said I'm ok, told me to take ibuprofen if needed (but G&T works better imo :D).

Paul...Afraid I'd go for a top shelf single malt before a G&T....but whatever works mate...lmao hope you aren't too stiff and sore today! All my best to you
George

AmberC
10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
That all depends on how numb I get tonight ;)

LOL! Well.. I am glad you are feeling ok.. take care of yourself!

pcsb23
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks George and Amber. As there was a reported injury (ie mine) from the accident the insurance co and my works wanted me to see the doc, just to be safe. My wife made me too so I was well and truly outnumbered.

And George I quite like a drop of Irish malt now and then, and they will take great pride in telling everyone they invented whiskey.

Take care both of you.

Ardan
10-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Glad you didn't get seriously hurt!
Hope all goes smoothly with getting the paperwork done and the car fixed.

Ardan

Kenny's Discus
10-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Are you feeling better today Paul? I wish so friend!

Kenny

pcsb23
10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Ardan, Kenny Thanks for the well wishes and yes I'm ok today. Just got the 1st etsimate in £3,750.00 - Yikes!