PDA

View Full Version : violet reflection

kdazzel
10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi, Does anyone know what exactly is a violet reflection?
I'm getting 4 on Friday. I know there blue but are they a mix of what?
Are they totally solid?

Ryan
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
"True" violet reflections (and I use the term loosely, because it's hard to find any discus that is 'true') usually start out looking like cobalts. They are a blue color and striated. As they mature, the blue slowly spreads and covers over and the fish become a darker, more "violet" color. I've seen some great examples of these fish in the past, but also some not-so-great ones.

Most of those fish (violet reflections, reflection D, etc.) usually show higher bodies as well.

Upper Canada
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I hope this link will take you to a thread showing a young pair of Violet Reflections spawning.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//upper-canada-discus-bob-garside-barrie-ontario-canada/49805-young-lovers.html

I raised these from 2.5 inches, they are original VRfrom Wayne Ng.

As Ryan said they are striated when young, as are Blue Knights and Reflection D, and they lose some of these markings as they mature and take on a darker blue color.

Bob

www.uppercanadadiscus.com

kdazzel
10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone:)
Those are beautiful pics. I can't wait to get mine now!

kdazzel

yellowdiscus
10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
I am looking for violet reflection to purchase as well. If you don't mind, can you tell me where you are getting them from? Thanks.

Hi, Does anyone know what exactly is a violet reflection?
I'm getting 4 on Friday. I know there blue but are they a mix of what?
Are they totally solid?

Timbo
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I am looking for violet reflection to purchase as well. If you don't mind, can you tell me where you are getting them from? Thanks.
hi yellowdiscus! VR's are originally from the commercial breeder Wayne Ng in China who has had several world champions come from his hatchery; Bob Garside (the guy who posted just above you and an official Simply sponsor) is a Canadian distributor for Ng discus in Canada. I'm not sure if there is an official Ng distributor in the USA at the moment, but if you live in Canada you're in luck. www.uppercanadadiscus.com

dandestroy
10-04-2006, 08:00 PM
http://www.discusfantasy.com/

import WNG in the US I believe.

kdazzel
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
im going to get some from cary from great lakes discus, I live by him.

:)

April
10-04-2006, 08:36 PM
well you cant go wrong with cary..congats and good luck. i bet they are beautiful fish.
i had some..i had reflections and violet reflections. i sold them. not cause i didnt like them..just to make room for other fish .
What age were your reflections when they spawned Bob? i heard they are longtime in being ready to spawn. i grew impatient hence the selling.
i dont believe danny of discus fantasy is selling right now. hes taking a break. danny is where i got mine from. he sent me some very nice fish.
post some pics when you get them..we all wanna see. : )

Ed13
10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
im going to get some from cary from great lakes discus, I live by him.

:)
YOU'RE LUCKY

With Cary around doesn't make much sense to look elsewhere