PDA

View Full Version : New strains.. and more! Pics to share

dalelad
10-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Just went around my friends' farms in Penang and wanted to share some pics of what I saw there...

greyhoundfan
10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I get page can not be displayed error.. any one else having luck?

wolfbane
10-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I cannot get the page to display :(

Greg Richardson
10-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Link not working for me.

White Worm
10-05-2006, 11:27 PM
nope

CAGE-RATTLER
10-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Same here ........... Just post the pics here ......... I hate going to those photo sites to look at pics.

dalelad
10-06-2006, 12:38 AM
apologies regarding the photos.. must've pasted a wrong link after uploading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RED GOLDEN DIAMOND

The Red-Golden Diamond, created by Mr. Ung Seng Lip of Penang Malaysia, is a solid Red fish which flaunts being a pure golden. The preference of some towards the Red Melons as compared to their brown counterparts of the Rose Red and San Merah is largely due to the bright attractive red color tones of the Pigeon Blood strain.

The Red-Golden Diamond has such a tone of a bright solid red coloration, but without the Pigeon Blood gene – which simply means no more black speckles or dirty black fins! Being a pure golden, it does possess the red-ruby eyes of the pure golden and thus due to these highly attractive physical attributes,
, it is with little wonder that the Red-Golden Diamond is currently the most sought-after amongst all solid-red strains. Many have tried to imitate the Red Golden Diamond by out-crossing them to Pigeon Blood strains, but to no avail. Such imitations have also constantly been exported, but only have the Pigeon Blood off-spring resurface after one more crossing.

These are the real thing.. and the real thing definitely from the man who created it.

dalelad
10-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Albino Red Golden Diamonds

This is the albino variant of the Red Golden Diamond. This fish is totally stunning! Albinism is thought to be a lighter shade of pale, but in this fish, the iridiscence is totally complimenting to the shade of orange-red base coloration throughout the fish. The usually black inner-band of the brown fish is replaced by a silver one on the dorsal and anal fins. totally gorgeous!

dalelad
10-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Albino Pearl Diamonds

These are solid yellow albinos with totally no head striations or blue/green/white lines throughout the fish. This is the albino variant of Lip's Pearl Diamond which he developed years ago, of which from he further developed the above Red Golden Diamond. These pieces were huge! 6" and really thick guys!

greyhoundfan
10-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Same here ........... Just post the pics here ......... I hate going to those photo sites to look at pics.

LOL Cage.. Tell us how you really feel.:D

Dalelad, Awesome pics..worth the wait.

dalelad
10-06-2006, 01:24 AM
The Penang Eruption is a lineage of Leopard Snakeskins developed by Mr. Lim Pei Hao of Penang, Malaysia. As the original creator and breeder of this lineage, the fish from Ah-Hao (as he is affectionately known in Penang) are top-notch in spotted genes. From my personal experience, and an entourage around his farm all so often, the spotted genes in Hao’s fish is very strong, and this is particularly apparent in the traits of spotting up to the fish’s gill, forehead and operculum areas. The percentage of spotting derived from crossing within his lineage also throws a percentage of almost 95% full-spotted off-springs.

rodneyfisher
10-06-2006, 02:03 AM
How can I get my hands on some of those?

dalelad
10-06-2006, 02:08 AM
more photos.. various strains

Hope you guys enjoy the updates of the fish my friends in penang have created and are working on..

dale

dalelad
10-06-2006, 02:22 AM
and lastly.. my very own albino spotteds !

leopards, leopardsnakes.

rodneyfisher
10-06-2006, 02:24 AM
I just PMed you

brewmaster15
10-06-2006, 03:58 AM
Hi Dale,
Your Friend has Some very nice Fish!

Thanks For Sharing!!

-al

Elcid
10-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Hi Dale:

Wow, that's some discus collection! Are you a graphic artist by chance ;)

take care,
Sandeep