PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please???

jeep
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Here's a throwback from my LSS pair. It's a patternless 14 bar SS. It's always been dark but is starting to become more red through the body.

I had a patternless Red Snakeskin female that was gorgeous...

It's a little smaller than its siblings but is starting to catch up. Eating like a pig!!

Opinions? Should it be culled?

Thanks for any honest input...

For possible comparison, the second pic is the Red SS I had...

oodi
10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I'd say it's a keeper.

Judi
:)

Elcid
10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Hey Brian:

That's a keeper but don't sell it :)

HTH,
Sandeep

Greg Richardson
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
For possible comparison, the second pic is the Red SS I had...

This is exactly why the old format should stay in posting pictures.
You can view both pictures in same post or two posts.

I come to many posts where I want to compare fish.
I don't have a photographic memory though. LOL!

Imo if you have the tank room and believe the spurt in growth along with color is starting might be worth hanging on a bit more.

Ryan
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
You could always download Firefox or the new version of IE. They have tabbed windows. You click the thumbnails with the scroll wheel on your mouse (if you have one) and it opens the link or thumbnail in a new window. Then you can just click back and forth between windows and compare. That's what I did.

I would give him some more time Brian and see how he turns out. He's an interesting looking fish. How old are they?

jeep
10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Imo if you have the tank room and believe the spurt in growth along with color is starting might be worth hanging on a bit more.

I live in a house without a basement. My fishroom is a spare 10x10 bedroom with 11 tanks running. Space is definately at a premium :D

BTW, I think I have 4 of these. I may go ahead and keep one and make the rest available :)

Strange they only appeared in one batch of fry...

jeep
10-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Ryan, they are about 12 weeks old maybe? The rest of the fry are at about 3 to 3 1/2" while these patternless ones are at maybe 2" and have very small eyes, yet their vision seems to be just fine...

t_j
10-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I say keep it for a while and see how it gos if it don't have any more color and or its just not what you want then cull it IMO.

Lee C
10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
If there are no obvious defects and it is eating and growing, there is no need to cull at 3 months, but that is the breeders call.:p
I wouldn't toss him in the dry bucket, yet......:vanish:

pcsb23
10-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Brian, I'm with the rest here, hang on to it for a while yet, its got good enough shape for its age.

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Looks like a Rose Red....

-Ryan

CAGE-RATTLER
10-06-2006, 04:37 PM
This is exactly why the old format should stay in posting pictures.
You can view both pictures in same post or two posts.

I come to many posts where I want to compare fish.
I don't have a photographic memory though. LOL!

You could always download Firefox or the new version of IE. They have tabbed windows. You click the thumbnails with the scroll wheel on your mouse (if you have one) and it opens the link or thumbnail in a new window. Then you can just click back and forth between windows and compare. That's what I did.

I would give him some more time Brian and see how he turns out. He's an interesting looking fish. How old are they?

Also the thumbnail pics open in new windows and you can make the pic windows smaller and look at the pics side by side ........ which you cant even do with the old method. With the old method you would have to scroll up and down to compare i believe........especially if the pics you wish to compare are seperated by lots of posts.

With the new method you can even compare pics from different threads side by side.

Just a thought

KIWI13
10-07-2006, 10:18 AM
hey Bro , I must say you didn't sell em well enough over the phone, these fish are beautiful. I would hang on to them, maybe they might throw out some nice young ones. Yeah you could also cross em with some other strains to see what you get. I agree with Judi ( the bird gal) and the rest. definate keepes

Jas

jeep
10-07-2006, 12:57 PM
All the more reason for you to come on over for a visit, bruddah J!!!:D

Ed13
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Definitely a keeper, all of them if you ask me, who knows how much possibilities you could forgo from getting rid of them. If you don't want to keep them, don't cull them they don't look to have any defects so I'm sure a buddy near by would be happy to work with them!