PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house

AmberC
10-07-2006, 04:16 PM
We have been renting this place for the past yr and this past sept our lease auto-renewed to month to month. Well.. a few days ago our property manager calls and says the owner wants to sell.

So now we are buying a house. We are preapproved and have an agent and we'll be going out to look on Monday. Please wish us luck you guys!

And here are a couple of updated pictures:

Crista my 4.5 yr old:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC09521.jpg

Megan my 17 month old:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC09532.jpg

And Tasha, my 6 yr old siberian husky/timberwolf mix
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/CristaMeganMommy/DSC09529.jpg

lhforbes12
10-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Amber,
Congrats!

Go slower than you think you should, and always have the house inspected by a professional, it's more than worth the extra money.

Jarrod
10-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Congrats Amber!!! Nothing in the world beats the feeling of owning your own home after renting or leasing all your life. Larry gave you some excellent advice on the inspection too. Most lending institutions require an inspection before closing or approving the loan anyway. Which is a good thing...that way you will know everything is right and up to code.
Congrats again Amber!! Enjoy your new home!
George

t_j
10-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Congrats Amber I wish you all the luck in the world!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

brewmaster15
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Amber,
Congrats!! Now remember the most important things when looking for a house..

A good basement for a fishroom and test the water..Its got to have good pressure and be good for fish:)

-al

Ed13
10-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Congrats Amber and Good luck! My advice is that in most cases its easier to buy a house than to sell one, so the preausure is usually on the selling party. Take your time, make sure you know what you want/need and the steps to getting it!

Best of luck!

BTW, as allways cute pics of the girls! Good job enjoying their chilhood as much as they do!

Kenny's Discus
10-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Congrats Amber! Like Al said since you'll be needing your basement/garage for your inevitable fishroom so yes buy your house, but don't buy too many cars!:p

Also Amber remember to give them a counter offer if your water KH is more than 2 I'd say lol.:D j/k

Best of luck friend, we're happy for you!
Kenny

Alan
10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on your decision... but now is really not the time to buy. Next year will be a better time unless you really find a bargain (i.e. about 10% below market). And 3 things to remember... location, location, location. Just my 2 cents.

dandestroy
10-07-2006, 10:16 PM
congrats... this is awesome. I really envy you.

fishmama
10-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Congrats Amber!

Those children (and best friend) are gorgeous and will be blessed with your new home!

Make sure to get an excellent, independent inspection (do plenty of research and pay the extra money to hire the best.)

Don't be afraid to be tough in negotations.

Best Wishes,
Lisa

Ardan
10-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Congratulations:)
Best of Luck to you and your family.

Ardan

AmberC
10-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Thank you everyone for all your vibes/prayers! I really appreciate it. We will be making sure to get an inspection done and we have an agent. There is a program called Movers Advantage, offered thru USAA (my insurance company) where we will get about 950 dollars back (perhaps a little more) when we move by being in this program. Its free for us and they found us an Agent who contacted us the same day.

Another note... My mom is a real estate agent in Maryland and she wont let us make any mistakes lol. It really helps a lot being able to call her whenever we need to with any questions. We were going to have her find us an agent, but she said we should use the movers advantage program thru USAA.

I am excited to go looking tomorrow! I'll be sure to bring my water test kits!!! ;)

billeagan
10-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Amber,

Good luck.... I have bought two houses and after looking at lots of houses something inside tells you when you have found the one for you -- HOME..

Take your time and don't settle for anything less.. And, of course you should start negotiating for a fish room now =)
Bill

traco
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Yay, Congrats Amber and Brett.:) Will you stay in the same state (I'm thinking yes cuz of work)?

Have fun looking and hmm.... I see some frontosas soon!:D

Ed13
10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Have fun looking and hmm.... I see some frontosas soon!:D

Excellent.....fronts:D :D :D

AmberC
10-11-2006, 08:03 PM
lol.. Thanks everyone! Sadly I dont think I'll be able to get a tank big enough for the fronties. I MAY put everyone from the 125 (angel community) into the 55 and make the 125 my african tank so I can get more. Right now I have 4 gold comps and 3 shellies and some serpae tetras in the 55.

And all I have to say is: HOUSEHUNTING STINKS!

Dave_Discus
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Congrats...best move you can make.

I built my house 10 years ago. Love it.

As far as time to buya house...it is a buyers market right now...rates
are not like 4 years ago, but the selling prices are way lower, and that
makes a diff.

Ask lots of questions...about the area you are moving to. Ask
people in the area of a potential purchase about bad nieghbors
and the such. Take your time looking. No hurry.