PDA

View Full Version : .........Albinos.........

Spid
10-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi all, sharing some photos of different albinos which Im keeping and breeding here in Singapore.:)

First of all, here are some albino adults which have been working hard to produce some magnificient babies for me.

t_j
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Vary nice shape I like the first and last pictures!!!:)

10-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I really like some of these, cool coloring!

crazy4discus
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I want the first and last one... Beautiful albino ss...

Uncle Raymond
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Spid,

Your Albinos rock!!

Great body pattern... Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing,

Respectfully,

U/R

pcsb23
10-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Agree with U/R they rock, love 'em.

turkis
10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi all, sharing some photos of different albinos which Im keeping and breeding here in Singapore.:)

First of all, here are some albino adults which have been working hard to produce some magnificient babies for me.

Hi Spid,
Nice looking albinos' and see you in Singapore around November.
Mario

:) :) :) :)

ping
10-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Spid, nice albinos :). Good luck with them :).

Ronny

Spid
10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
A big THANK YOU to all for the kind comments.

Here are some of their babies which have potential to go further and better than their parents.:o

"Albino Carnation" I would call them all. Some of those have pearl patterns while the rest have zebra stripes.:cowboy:

Spid
10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi Spid,
Nice looking albinos' and see you in Singapore around November.
Mario

No problem Mario. See u there then.

crimson cross
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Spid,
Very nice albino crossings. Would love to see an albino snow white if you have any. Take care,
Phil.

aquaticplantman
10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Would love to see an albino snow white if you have any.
Phil.

Ok, really I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here. I just don't happen to be a big fan of albino's -- I like discus because of all the color! So my question about the above quote is... what's the point?!

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone. -- Matt H.

crimson cross
10-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Matt,
I just wanted to see a clear white discus with red iris and blue/grey eye ring...that's all....(just another breeder's(mine) fantasy). No, you did not ruffle any feathers and thanks for asking.
Phil.

General
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Check out the thrid prize winner. You may like it. Your dreams come true.
http://worldshows.discusnews.com/duisburg06/winners/open.shtml

aquaticplantman
10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Check out the thrid prize winner. You may like it. Your dreams come true.
http://worldshows.discusnews.com/duisburg06/winners/open.shtml

Yup, I remember seeing that picture too, though I don't think it's an albino. I do like it though.

crimson cross
10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi General,
Yes, that's a close one, but it's an albino bd coming out of Tony Tan's hatchery(IP Discus?)...beautiful fish on all counts.
Phil.

Spid
10-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Yup, I remember seeing that picture too, though I don't think it's an albino. I do like it though.

Hi pal, that piece is an albino.

Albinos are a total different fish compared to those blackeyed ones. Taking that piece of albino in the competition benched in by Mr Tony Tan and compared it to a normal blue diamond, I believed you will be able to see the vast difference. Not only the pupils are red, the sheen is also totally different. So actually with the presence of albinos, black eyed discus will be transformed to nice specimens with sparkling sheen.

Jon

Spid
10-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi Spid,
Very nice albino crossings. Would love to see an albino snow white if you have any. Take care,
Phil.

Hi Phil,

I would say albino whites are still "under construction"

However I have a few pictures of some small albino white guys.

Kindredspirit
10-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Jon ~ Their eyes look huge! Do they look like that in person as well? Do you find that is the case with a particular colored fish? I only ask ~ not to be rude ~ but I have a yellow discus and in pics his eyes look huge....when in reality they are not that big:confused:

They are nice! I love the color and the high fins a lot:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

crimson cross
10-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the pics, Spid.....you made my day. I PMed you.
Phil.

Elite Aquaria
10-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Very nice collection..maybe some day I will hook-up with both you and mario in the Singapore

Spid
10-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey Jon ~ Their eyes look huge! Do they look like that in person as well? Do you find that is the case with a particular colored fish? I only ask ~ not to be rude ~ but I have a yellow discus and in pics his eyes look huge....when in reality they are not that big:confused:

They are nice! I love the color and the high fins a lot:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Hi Marie,

I used macro mode to capture those pictures. Thats why their face looks big, thus making their eyes big too. Maybe u can refer to the 2nd pic which i took when they are in a group. Their eyes are more proportionate in that photo.

Jon

Spid
10-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Very nice collection..maybe some day I will hook-up with both you and mario in the Singapore

Thanks pal.

Sure no problem, looking forward to meet you. :)

aquaticplantman
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi pal, that piece is an albino.

Albinos are a total different fish compared to those blackeyed ones. Taking that piece of albino in the competition benched in by Mr Tony Tan and compared it to a normal blue diamond, I believed you will be able to see the vast difference. Not only the pupils are red, the sheen is also totally different. So actually with the presence of albinos, black eyed discus will be transformed to nice specimens with sparkling sheen.

Jon

Thanks,

So is the body really a solid white. It looks that way, and so I was thinking it was a kind of white butterfly. The eye certainly does look albino, but I was thrown by the absence of the pale translucent color (like most albinos seem to show) and the light blue on the fins. If the body really is solid white, then this is an albino strain I might be interested in.

Thanks again,
-- Matt H.

turkis
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM

Hi Dan,
There's the Singapore Aquarama Show in May/2007, better start saving up If you are planning to go.
Mario

Spid
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
It has been quite some time since I last updated.

So here goes....

Hope your will like it.

Desert Diamond Discus
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Spid,
I really like the last pic, those guys look like some type of albino LSS. those are my favorite. Anytime you feel like selling them let me know.
Oscar:)

turkis
03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
It has been quite some time since I last updated.

So here goes....

Hope your will like it.

Hi Jon,
They are looking real good, you have done a damn good job on that strain.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Spid
03-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Spid,
I really like the last pic, those guys look like some type of albino LSS. those are my favorite. Anytime you feel like selling them let me know.
Oscar:)

Yup they are albino lepoard snake. Just that they are still small to show their patterns and colouration. One of their parents is this macho guy.

Spid
03-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi Jon,
They are looking real good, you have done a damn good job on that strain.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Mario

;) ;) ;)

Thanks Mario.

Just sharing the hobby here and hope more people would join to appreciate albino discus.:)

Darren's Discus
03-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Spid,
Those are some fine specimens you have there and big too !

cheers

Desert Diamond Discus
03-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Spid,
Good lord that is a beautiful male LSS, how can i get some of those from you? Really How? that is one of the nicest fish that i have ever seen.
Oscar

Eyal
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
WOW , great pictures and even greater fish :sun: :thumbsup:

mandisc
03-14-2007, 01:32 AM
hi spid/jon/---, well imo u r 1 of d best albinos breeder here in singapore...........or maybe the best. well done! ur male champion really did alot of good stuff for u.lucky boy....

Spid
03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks darren burgess,Desert Diamond Discus and Eyal for the kind words.

Hi Oscar,

First of all thanks for your appreciation. Right now stock here is limited. Im just a small scale hobbyist and would afraid it will be difficult to send some over to your side. Sorry about that.

Jon

Bro mandisc,

Please do not exaggerate... Me just a novice breeder here who like to play with albinos. There are better breeders here in Singapore. Im considered a small fry.:D

mandisc
03-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Bro mandisc,
Please do not exaggerate... Me just a novice breeder here who like to play with albinos. There are better breeders here in Singapore. Im considered a small fry.:D[/QUOTE]

hi again bro jon,
you're just being humble about urself. yes maybe there are better breeders in town but not better "albinos breeder" if i might say? a small fry u are but a great potential fry that are developing into ......... wow who knows what ! ! !
p.s sorry for my interuption.....please show us more ....

Spid
03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Bro mandisc,

Since you requested...Here are two more pictures...

These are some of my favourite pieces.

Jon

mandisc
03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
well done bro keep it up.
any latest pic of ur spotted white albino ?
love to see their developement.

turkis
03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
well done bro keep it up.
any latest pic of ur spotted white albino ?
love to see their developement.

mandisc,
I'm going to ransack Jon's place in May/2007.
Just kidding, going to see some friends that I have not seen for almost 1 year.
Mario

;) ;) ;) ;)

speedbird
03-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Bro Spid,

Crossing GLSS with AGLSSI will i be able to get certain percentage of AGLSS.?:)

mandisc
03-17-2007, 04:33 AM
mandisc,
Mario

;) ;) ;) ;)
hi mario,
please do so.........if u need company,i'll be happy to tag along.

Spid
03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
mandisc,
Mario

;) ;) ;) ;)

Hi Mario,

Ill personally welcome you but please do not blame me if u see no good fishes there.:)

Jon

Spid
03-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Bro Spid,

Crossing GLSS with AGLSSI will i be able to get certain percentage of AGLSS.?:)

I doubt you would receive any albinos pal. It would take at least two parents of albino genes in order to obtain a percentage of albinos.

Another word of advice- fish of albino and golden genes will be very weak.:)

speedbird
03-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Bro spid,tks for the advice:)