PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Discus Meeting!

Harriett
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
For Chicagoland discus and plant fanatics, we have a plan:
For centrality of location for north and south and west siders, we have opted to hold the meeting at

Old Orchard Aquarium
9235 Skokie Blvd.
Skokie IL
847-676-8539

on November 4th, Saturday
at 5PM

The store closes about 5 so this will allow us free run of the place in a more relaxed less densely populated setting, to talk, mingle, meet.
The store owners are very pleased to hold the meeting and asked that I directly tell you that they expect NO sales to be made at the meeting--they are looking to support the hobby; that said, they plan to order some more unusual, more challenging plants than the ususal collection, for us to look at;
if you are looking to order some particular fish, I can see if they'd order those also. Their prices tend to be a little high and the quality tends to also be high, in my experience.
(It's not a place this group would neccessarily buy discus from; we have spoken about that and they are aware--)
If you have an interest in joining us, we plan to have some fun and we would love to see all of you there!!! If you have plant trimmings to get rid of, bring them along! Swapping fish? Bring them!
Larry and I are looking for a rough head count so Old Orchard has some sense of the number; if you would please IM either of us, and a wish list for anything you want us to pass on to them, that would be great.
Many thanks, hope to see you there!
Harriett and Larry

Squiggy
10-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a rough head...you can count mine...:crazy:

lhforbes12
10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
November 4th???? I can't make that date!

Just kidding Harriet, I'll be there.

<---------- Thinking about plants he wants

Squiggy
10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
That reminds me....Anybody got any silk plant clippings? I want to try growing my own....:crazy:

lhforbes12
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
That reminds me....Anybody got any silk plant clippings? I want to try growing my own....:crazy:

Joe,
I have lots of them! You can take what you want when you visit.

billeagan
10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I should be able to make it... If anybody wants food drop me a line and I'll bring it with...

Harriett
10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Bill-check your messages!

lhforbes12
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I should be able to make it... If anybody wants food drop me a line and I'll bring it with...

Hmmmmmmmm, I think I can get by until then... I'll PM you my VERY long list Bill.

SE Billy
10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
I will definetely be there. I don't have any plant clippings, juvies, or products to bring but I do have a wife that has won a couple of baking contests the last couple of months. Maybe I can bring some treats. :D

Bill

t_j
10-12-2006, 05:08 PM
We also will be there if you guys want us to take any thing food, beer what ever let me know!!:)

lhforbes12
10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Bill & Tiffany,
Bring whatever you like, just be sure to bring yourselves :-) We'll probably get some pizza or something while we're in that area, tons of places to eat.

Kindredspirit
10-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Bill & Tiffany,
Bring whatever you like,

Bring ME Bring ME!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_17_8.gif

lhforbes12
10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Bring ME Bring ME!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_17_8.gif

That's OK Marie,
We'll have a California meeting come next July :-)

billeagan
10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm going to run a few specials for the show... I'll post in my forum so I don't hijack this thread =)

A big thank you to Harriett and Larry for doing this...

Harriett
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I will definetely be there. I don't have any plant clippings, juvies, or products to bring but I do have a wife that has won a couple of baking contests the last couple of months. Maybe I can bring some treats. :D

Bill

Bill, thanks for this offer of baked goodies! I am certain no one would turn you down!
As Larry said, there's lots of good pizza within 15-20 minutes or so and when we are done at the store, perhaps we can caravan over and continue chattering.

Bill Eagan, my friend, you are welcome about this little mtg--not much work and sounds like fun to us both---the pet shop has offered their store as a regular meeting place if we want to do this again---let's see how it goes. In response to your sales, I have expanded my order a little... alot. Please check your mail!
Best regards
Harriett

lhforbes12
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm posting to this thread in case there are any SDers who may have missed this previously. All SDers in the Chicagoland area (actually anyone who can make it) are invited. Again; it's at Old Orchard Aquarium at 5 PM on November 4th.

lhforbes12
11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
To put this back on the "map" I am making this last post. We are having a meeting of Chicagoland SDers on November 4 at Old Orchard Aquarium. Hopefully those of you who haven't replied will still attend. Harriett has promised me that there is a very good pizza palor nearby. Those who have replied include Jim (Cosmo), Joe (Squiggly), Tiffany, Andres, Me, Bill Egan and of cousre the lovely Harriett. All SDers are welcomed to attend. There will be a plant swap, discus swap too. I will be bringing some plants to give away.

Kindredspirit
11-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Take Pics for me! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_14_13.gif

billeagan
11-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Take Pics for me! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_14_13.gif

Of the pizza?

Kindredspirit
11-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Billy Billy Billy ~ ( I love that name....itz my brothers and was suppose to be my daughter's)

umm....No not of the pizza! Of:

Joe and Harriett and Jim and Larry and Tiff and o.k.a.y.....YOU too:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

steve.ryall
11-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Larry, next year in Cali, I'll be there too, make it late July ok :)

Steve

Kindredspirit
11-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Larry, next year in Cali, I'll be there too, make it late July ok :)

Steve

SacTown to be exacthttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_15.gif