PDA

View Full Version : My latest discus.

Rod
10-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Here's some photos of discus i bought from the Stendker brothers in Germany. Hope you like.

Rod
10-12-2006, 07:19 AM
A few more :)

The blues are not from the Stendkers, but i couldn't resist showing them off. :D

KIWI13
10-12-2006, 07:25 AM
brilliant fish rod, real nice to see em. How your doin and hows Kerry YIPPY???

Tony_S
10-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Very nice Rod! It's a shame you don't post pictures more often...I'm always impressed with your Discus when you do!

Tony

steve.ryall
10-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Thats some seriously nice fish Rod. How did you get them from Germany to Austrailia?

Steve :)

brewmaster15
10-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Very Nice Fish Rod!!, I especially like those Brown/reds:)

Take care,
al

pcsb23
10-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Nice Rod, I'd show those blues off too! Like the santerems, very nice.

billeagan
10-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Gorgeous

crimson cross
10-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Good looking blues, Rod. Wish I have some of those myself.
Phil.

LizStreithorst
10-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Wow! That last Brown and the 2nd and 4th Santarem need to go to a fish show. Beautiful.

Ryan
10-12-2006, 10:27 AM
The last two pictures in your first post... those are gorgeous discus! I love their shape and color. Great pics as always, Rod. Thanks for sharing :)

Spid
10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Those alenquers are beautiful.

AADiscus
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Those are awesome. I like them all!!!:D

Squiggy
10-12-2006, 01:49 PM
now you done it....:(

I drooled all over my keyboard....:crazy:

Kindredspirit
10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Those are awesome. I like them all!!!:D

Me too! I esp like the shape of the last pic on the right ~ Pancake Round;)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Paul Lucas
10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Rod - they look seriously nice fish and without wishing to stir things up I'd have to say that there's a policy of a different fish for a different market going on here. I have noticed when looking at the fish which my mate Hans imports into the States that they appear 'better' than the European' fish and now you put pictures of these lovely fish up! If you hadn't said they were Stendkers I wouldn't have believed it!

Any Europeans concur?

Paul L

brewmaster15
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
uh-oh Paul...Its must be an expanding Policy,... Rod is in Australia:)

-al

Cosmo
10-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I want them... all of them ... :D

Jim

pcsb23
10-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Rod - they look seriously nice fish and without wishing to stir things up I'd have to say that there's a policy of a different fish for a different market going on here. I have noticed when looking at the fish which my mate Hans imports into the States that they appear 'better' than the European' fish and now you put pictures of these lovely fish up! If you hadn't said they were Stendkers I wouldn't have believed it!

Any Europeans concur?

Paul L

um, well yes I do. I saw a lot of stendkers recently up close and personal, and whilst some of them were nice, a lot were not of the standard of Rods fish. Is it market targetting?? who knows, maybe they feel they need to penetrate the Aus or USA market more, in the belief taht the Europen market is saturated?? Just speculation.

Rod I have to say again they are seriously nice.

Discus Dee
10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Hello Rod,

WOW mate, those browns are stunning ... now i'm really kicking myself for not getting any !!! Beautiful selection of fish and those blues are awsome too. Great work mate ... keep it up :D

Cheers,

Dee:)

Rod
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
brilliant fish rod, real nice to see em. How your doin and hows Kerry YIPPY???
Thanks Mate :)

Haven't seen Kerry much lately, talked on the phone a few months ago and she was quite well. Next time i'm down the gold coast i'll make a point of going to see her and tell her ,her buddies from Simply are mising her.

Rod
10-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Thats some seriously nice fish Rod. How did you get them from Germany to Austrailia?

Steve :)

Hi Steve,

Good question mate, between super long flights, Australian beaurocracy and language barriers it really is amazing how fish end up where they do. It was the first Aussie shipment for the Stendkers so much red tape at their end. When we finally had the green light to export, from when packing commenced to when i had put the last fish into the Quarentine station was almost 48 hours transport time. They packed the fish lighter than any other country he delivers too because of the time factor and i must say they did a supurb job. There were no doa's and every fish made in out of quarentine in great health.

Rod

Rod
10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Those alenquers are beautiful.

G'day Spid,

The fish you are referring too i bought as brown discus. Maybe they have alenquer blood in them, they are certainly red enough.

Rod
10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Hello Rod,

WOW mate, those browns are stunning ... now i'm really kicking myself for not getting any !!! Beautiful selection of fish and those blues are awsome too. Great work mate ... keep it up :D

Cheers,

Dee:)

Thanks Dee. The browns and Santarems were the pick of the shipment for my tastes, i love the wildish look so i found a spare tank no worries. :D

Rod

steve.ryall
10-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for that Rod, Glad to hear that there were no DOA's, that would have been a crime in it'self.

Steve

ozarowana
10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Great looking fish Rod...

Although I must say that your pics, as nice as they are, don't do the fish much justice. Their colours are stunning in the flesh.

Might have to pop around again :D

TRAKURT
10-16-2006, 01:52 AM
um, well yes I do. I saw a lot of stendkers recently up close and personal, and whilst some of them were nice, a lot were not of the standard of Rods fish. Is it market targetting?? who knows, maybe they feel they need to penetrate the Aus or USA market more, in the belief taht the Europen market is saturated?? Just speculation.

Rod I have to say again they are seriously nice.

I have heard thru the grape vine that the fish in europ are not that nice.

beta
10-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Awesome fish Rod! We haven't seen pics of your collection in a while! Out with them ;)

Darren's Discus
10-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Last week i was lucky enough to get down to brisbane and catch up with Rod and see some of those beauties first hand.Rod has some awesome fish and some of the largest iv'e ever seen (monsters) And the best thing of all he's such a great bloke could have stayed all night and chatted.

cheers

Rod
10-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Great looking fish Rod...

Although I must say that your pics, as nice as they are, don't do the fish much justice. Their colours are stunning in the flesh.

Might have to pop around again :D

Thanks Chuongy,

your welcome anytime mate.

Rod
10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Last week i was lucky enough to get down to brisbane and catch up with Rod and see some of those beauties first hand.Rod has some awesome fish and some of the largest iv'e ever seen (monsters) And the best thing of all he's such a great bloke could have stayed all night and chatted.

cheers

Pleasure having you over mate, always nice to chat with a fellow discus head :D