PDA

View Full Version : OCTOBER 2006 SPOTLIGHT VOTE

DarkDiscus
10-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Okay everyone - pickem!

Whoever is ahead Monday at 12:00PM Eastern Time wins!

Discus_KC
10-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I have a question?

You have Angela listed as a nomination. But we have her as a Mod too. Is this a oversight ?? Or are we rethinking the exemption ??

Jack

DarkDiscus
10-13-2006, 11:26 AM
We can always interview Andrew...

LOL!

I caught that late, but since there's two of them and one's not a mod, I don't see why not...

Discus_KC
10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Or better yet.... let's put up the whole exemption of Mods and Admins to a vote ??

Or here is a thought! How about sticky a thread that has the members of the Mod team with their profiles all together ??

Jack

lhforbes12
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Or better yet.... let's put up the whole exemption of Mods and Admins to a vote ??

Or here is a thought! How about sticky a thread that has the members of the Mod team with their profiles all together ??

Jack

I like both of Jack's ideas. I would like to know more about Al and Ryan, and about the mods.
I especially like the sticky idea, since it would be a good way to know more about who is giving you advice (more correctly stated; it would give newbies a better idea).

DarkDiscus
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
If you want to know more about Al, there's a thread called A Visit To and From the Brewmaster which I wrote a long while back that could help a bit.

That's in the library...

As for voting on the no Mods rule - ask the boss!

DarkDiscus
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Or BOSSES, rather.

brewmaster15
10-13-2006, 12:19 PM
I personally don't care if the mods and admin are exempt from spotlights......In the past they have stated that they dont really want to be interviewed..... My personal reasons for not having them included was to give everyone else more of a chance.. many of the mods tend to be very visible and as such might get more nominated.

Next time around , You all can nominate anyone, mods, and admin included.... I will note however that no one can force them to agree....just as I can't force any member to agree to be spotlighted. We have had some that don't want it... and I will respect them. If anyone truly does not want it...The next runner up wins the spot.

Hth,
al

Squiggy
10-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Can we make Tony Miss Congeniality?...:crazy:

Tony_S
10-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Can we make Tony Miss Congeniality?...:crazy:

:D I LOVE it Squigmeister!!:D

Hey...what can I say...Blunt is my middle name, although, Some would say its &#%$!&**$%. ;)

Do I get to wear a bikini? :confused: I look TERRIBLE in a one piece. :p

Tony:inquisitive:

Squiggy
10-13-2006, 01:39 PM
far as I know...all you get to wear is a sash....:inquisitive:

Kindredspirit
10-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Do I get to wear a bikini?
Tony:inquisitive:

Nope ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_3_121.gif

Nada:D

Ryan
10-13-2006, 02:03 PM
If you want to know more about me, John did a spotlight on me a few years ago :) It's a little outdated, but I haven't changed that much.

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/misc/spotlight/june2002.shtml

Tony_S
10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
C'mon...a sequined thong and pasties at least...I have my standards you know....

Tony:rolleyes:

brewmaster15
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: Okay everyone..I have a cast iron gut and this little chat is getting a bit much.... Sorry Tony... but you in a thong is just way tooooo muchh... :vomit::vomit:

How about You guys discuss it by PM and surprise us all .

Tanks...
al

alpine
10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I "Ditto" Jacks message .

roberto.

tpl*co
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Boy was that a tough choice! Close my eyes, enie, meanie, miney mo...!

Tina

DarkDiscus
10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Congratulations to our winner, Kenny of International Discus.

I will get a survey over to him soon and we will get an interview together!

Tony_S
10-16-2006, 06:02 PM
WHEW!! :D

Congrats KENNY!! Lookin' forward to the interview!!!

Tony:p

Kindredspirit
10-16-2006, 07:36 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_105.gif

brewmaster15
10-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Actually,
We have a slight change of plans everyone... Kenny has asked me if he can postpone his interview... Since his and Green Country (Andrew and Angela) were so close in their poll numbers (tied at this point) He would like to Defer to them... Kenny is very honored by this , but in reality he has his plate full right now.

SO..>>Unless Andrew and Angela mind, I would like to suggest that we do the spot light on them and honor Kenny's Request.

Thanks all,

-al

Kenny's Discus
10-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi John, Tony & Marie - thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hello Al - I'm more than honored to say the least...and I think an interview with any member on that list and more(Andrew & Angela, Marie, Jeffrey, David, Cliff, Tony & Beth, Kacey, Brian & others) will be very exciting and educational!:) I'm seeing "breeding secrets" being exposed here!:D j/k

Thanks all, looking forward to our Aces'(Andrew & Angela) great interview! There'll be much we can learn from them that's for sure! Gonna be fun!:angel:

Kenny

CliffsDiscus
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Congrats to Andrew, Angela and Kenny,
Wow this must be a first time tied. I look foreward to Andrew's and Angela's interview, as for Kenny I look foreward for a future interview. Kenny
you are keeping the Bay Area a Hotspot for Discus. I am looking at the list for the second time and notice
these Discus keepers add up to more than a hundred years of experience, and I am honor to be
even be on this list.

Cheers!!
Cliff

AADiscus
10-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks to everyone on behalf of Andrew and I. I think the interview will be more on Andrew than me since I am a mod. I'm sure he will tie in when we started discus together though.

Thank-you Kenny for deferring to us. I was actually looking forward to reading an interview on you. ;) I know everyone will get to soon.

Kindredspirit
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
"Oh Yeah....Itz A Party!!"

One of my fav couples in cyber space ~ I so can not wait to hear all about you guys:)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_18.gif

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif

Kenny's Discus
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Thank you Cliff but you're the one who's keeping the Bay area as a discus hotspot...CA loves Fireworks remember?:) I look forward to seeing an interview with the hands-down artificial breeding master! Talk with you soon Cliff!

Thanks Angela but actually this didn't need to be deferred...you 2 fine gentleman and lady deserve it all with your beautiful fish, respectfulness and most importantly; the most # of votes.:) I'm definitely looking forward to it Andrew & Angela! Thanks again Aces!

Hello Marie, definitely 1 of my fav too!

Kenny

Jarrod
10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I am truly happy for all of the nominees and want to thank them ALL for everything they have helped me learn here about keeping my "finned pigs" as I call them healthy and happy! Congrats to Andrew and Angela and kudos and the start of a "standing" ovation to Kenny who is not only a very close and true dear friend to me on a somewhat personal level but also a great person and one that I am also looking forward to hearing more about.
George

Green Country Discus
10-17-2006, 10:05 PM
First of all, Kenny and Cliff, you guys would have much more interesting than us..that being said...the general membership would have leaned more info from you Calli guys LOL ;) . Since we have agreed with Al to do this,please bare with our story.We really are glad to share and hope it is enjoyed.