PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Good Camera?

hexed
10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Ok, my camera is old and doesn't have macro on it LMAO! Is this a good camera?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11114569&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=9

brewmaster15
10-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Frank,
Best advice is shop the camera on a site like Cnet.com for price and features... This camera has good optic...10X optical is good, 5x digital is good also....

I didn't see a macro mode in the specs though.

.http://www.costco.com/images/content/misc/PDF/124709.pdf

the close focus range isn't very good by the specs..

-al

pcsb23
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Frank, not had much exposure (ugh sorry) to kodak digitals, I do know the canon compacts are very good as are the Sony and Nikon compacts, if that helps any (which I doubt).

hexed
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Al,
I did what you said. I went to kodak.com and read the online manual for the camera. It does have a macro lens :D It also does video with sound LOL!!!

When I visit you again, you can try it out ;)
Thanks!

Paul,
Thanks for the advice! I have to buy a camera that I will not lose LOL! I try to stay away from the smaller ones. Right now I have a Nikon 950 - love the darn thing but I cannot get good pics of my fish! I am buying it as an early :antlers: present :D

brewmaster15
10-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Thats great Frank!

The specs I saw didn't list a macro... whats the description of the macro? did it say its close focusing range?

-al

hexed
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Flower
Close-ups of flowers or other small subjects in bright light.
f/2.8–f/3.7, Macro Focus, Daylight White Balance, Center-Zone Focus, Center-Weight Metering

here's a link to the manual:
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00506toc.jhtml?pq-path=8747

t_j
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Frank,

I have a Kodak camra and I can not get good indoor pictures unless theres a lot of light with it or night time pictures when theres light. Vary hard to get moving pictures out of it unless its out side and sunny. I have to take a lot of pictures before I get one good picture. The one you showed has basicly the same things as mine but it looks different it might be better then mine I'm not sure I have the Easy Share 6.1mp DX7630 this is all IME with this camra.

candyl70
10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Frank,

I have a C340 and I can get good pics in all the modes, moving, close-ups etc. They take good pics in low light too. Although sometimes the camera will say something isn't in focus when it is. In that case I just shoot the pic anyhow and it usually comes out fine. Marie also has a Kodak and I think she takes some pretty awesome pics with hers. Yours is much higher end than ours, so I think you should be pretty happy with it.

Do you have a trial period or something like that? A return policy maybe? That way you can try it out for a bit and see how ya like it. :D Hurry and get SOME sort of camera.... I wanna see some of your awesome cories :D :D

Ryan
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
My cousin has a similar model to that Kodak, only hers is 12x zoom and not 10x. It's a very good camera for the price. I really like it.

I also love my Canon PowerShot S2 IS. It's a mouthful, but it takes really pretty outside pictures (and inside pictures, too, if I take the time to adjust the settings manually and try to get good shots).

Ryan

Kindredspirit
10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
. Marie also has a Kodak and I think she takes some pretty awesome pics with hers.

You have been gone way too long girl ~ I have a Canon Powershot ~ you were with me when I got it ....

Kinda~:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

hexed
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Well I am going to buy the camera. If I do not like it I can return it to Costco. :)

wolfbane
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Let me know how you like it. I need a "simple to operate" but "good at close ups too" camera! I know, I had hoped to have one last year, but finances did not permit. oh, and I had to have those baby discus.:o

hexed
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I paid for the camera and they are processing my order now. I asked if a memory card is included and they said they do not think so cause the camera has 32MBs of memory built into it, so the card is actually optional. I will have to see exactly what is in the box when it arrives. Does anyone know how many pics that would be?

steve.ryall
10-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Hexed, with my Sony DSC-P1 most of my top quality photos are at least 1.5 megs, with a 3.3 megapixels. That might give you some idea. So with 32 megs, maybe 20ish??
I had to invest in a 128 mb card for mine quite soon after I got it.

Steve

t_j
10-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I have 6.1mp and a memory of 32mb also but mine came with a 256mb memory card witch holds 130 pictures I have never used the internal 32mb that the camra holds but I don't think it holds vary many if a 256mb holds 130pictures.

Never mined about the upper part I just took out my memory card and the 32mb that come with the camra only holds 13 pictures so you are going to have to get a memory card unless you only take 13 pictures at a time and don't need it.

Greg Richardson
10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
My cousin has a similar model to that Kodak, only hers is 12x zoom and not 10x. It's a very good camera for the price. I really like it.

I also love my Canon PowerShot S2 IS. It's a mouthful, but it takes really pretty outside pictures (and inside pictures, too, if I take the time to adjust the settings manually and try to get good shots).

Ryan

How many pictures can you take with it before your batteries go dead?
I have a recently bought Powershot A540 that I'm not happy with at all when it comes to batteries. I bought the kind they said and still get about 10 to 20 pictures and dead. I use to have a minolta with around 300 pictures before battery go dead. This one goes dead just sitting in the camera after 5 pictures 3 days later. I'm in the process of negotiation to get it replaced.