PDA

View Full Version : This is a sad on Craigslist

tpl*co
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I was looking through craigslist when I came across this one:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/222584007.html

I thought OK, until I got to this part:

"if you would like to buy the fish, i'm taking offers on those as well. what's not shown are some large (@ 4-5") discus. i was told 2 of them were a "mating pair" and have already mated (eggs are still in the tank i think). these are very finicky fish so will only go to someone who knows about the care and handle of this type of fish... i don't have pics of them but they are all different colors, beautiful fish... one in particular was a gorgeous blue that faded from blue to black w/ an iridescent tint. "

A healthy discus does not fade from blue to black :(. I'm debating if I should contact this person to tell them they have a sick discus on their hands or if they'll just pass it on somebody else.

Tina

Timbo
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
altho sometimes bd's will turn shockingly dark with spawn, mine had me alarmed when it first happened i can tell ya :) she mentions that there is a mated pair, but its prolly more likely it may be getting sick

at least she recognizes that they are kinda special in their needs; it doesnt sound like she has much experience otherwise with discus tho...also, i wonder why the friend isnt selling these himself

tpl*co
10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
altho sometimes bd's will turn shockingly dark with spawn, mine had me alarmed when it first happened i can tell ya :)

at least she recognizes that they are kinda special in their needs; it doesnt sound like she has much experience otherwise with discus tho...also, i wonder why the friend isnt selling these himself

Yeah, they do turn dark at spawning, but not black :(. I do give her credit for saying they are finicky and go to somebody that knows them. I have a fear that they'll go to somebody that has a little knowledge and either it might get their fish sick, or get traded to the LFS to get something else sick.

Tina