PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have discus fs around me?

Mikeyfish7620
10-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Looking to make my collection a little bigger. Im on a low budget so im not expecting much. Will by fry also. Thanks

aquaticplantman
10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, I'm not close to you at all, but I just wanted to encourage you, since you said "I'm not expecting much", to raise your standards. Out in California there are plenty of discus sources. I think you could easily find good quality and some very poor quality. Don't let a few bucks per fish be the deciding factor. You should be able to find some very nice discus that are still at a good price.

Good Luck,
-- Matt H.

annieb
10-25-2006, 11:55 PM
If $75 fits into your budget, Mikey, I have a pair of Red tigers that are 2 years old and spawned for the first time in a community tank a few weeks ago. (all eggs eaten). I have them by themselves now in a 50 gallon and they are are looking like they'll have another go at it in a few days.
I live down the Freeway from you in Elk Grove. C'mon down and take a look at em.
My email address is anestingplace@yahoo.com.

CliffsDiscus
10-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Annie,
Thats a very good price for a breeding pair, if only I lived closer.

Cliff

Mikeyfish7620
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
That sounds awesome! Are those red turqs? And do you happen to know if they are indeed male and female?

annieb
10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
That sounds awesome! Are those red turqs? And do you happen to know if they are indeed male and female?
I'm 100% positive that they're male and female.
They spawned about 2 weeks ago in a community tank.I have heard of two females trying to spawn but this pair is straight!!!

EyeOfThierry
10-26-2006, 11:25 PM
yup.. that happened to my pair.. female female.. ain't going no where with that.. :p