PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Discus????BUTCH!!!!

DISCUS USA
10-26-2006, 09:14 AM
hi there folks..im most definately plaing trip to chicago in november for business and pleasure..and o just remembered about Butch being out there close by the airport OHARE.. but dont know if he still in business and if its even a good idea to check him out since i think hes been low key lately??anyone care to share recent feedback on his stock??is he even still in business??thanks for the info ahead of time..

hector nyc-

billeagan
10-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Hector, I have not heard from butch in about a year. He did not come to the first GCCA swap meet this year either.

I'm about 45minutes west of ohare. I may be in QT at that time, but you are welcome to send me a PM and stop by if we can make it work.
Bill

DISCUS USA
10-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks Bill..i was just wondering about Butch and went to his website looks all out of wack..dont know whats going on with him currently so think im leaving that alone..

Bill are you close by the train system out there ? i do not have a drivers license so im going out there and depending on train to get around.You say u might be in qt around time i go to chi town..maybe i hold off till your ready..who are you getting from ?thanks for the invite as well Bill..

hector-

billeagan
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Hector, I had Butch's number and I looked around I can't find it.

It would be a pain to get to me on the trains. I'm in the burbs...

I have not been on aquabid in a while, but there was a guy in chicago selling in the city proper. If he is still there that might be worth your time.

DISCUS USA
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh i know who you might be talking about that guy JJ DISCUS i think..its cool you must be way in burbs then..

Chicago used to be THE SPOT for discus ..DISCUS BY MARIO ,AQUAFISH WORLD few others and BUTCH but these people all missing in action these days..lol..

Still going to Chi Town discus or no discus in november so if anyone else out here knows people that have discus out there for sale please let me know..i appreciate it folks.. thanks..

=hEcToR nYc=

billeagan
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
JJ Discus is not too far from me. They are in the burbs too.

Mario moved a year or two ago, but is still going as far as I know.

Squiggy
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Hector...I live about 5 blocks from Butch...I'll confirm that hes alive and well and still sells some great fish. :D 773 481 0366
Hes hard to reach by phone lately. Hes been in and out of town with work related things. I'd be glad to track him down and let him know that you're wanting to reach him.

Joe

DISCUS USA
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Joe,, thanks for the number..think wen im ready ill hit him up but thanks for all your info,,i have seen his fish before on forums so quality and health not an issue for me he has good rep just hope when i go he has decent stock and quantity in his tanks..

Bill oh for real jj is far out in burbs too..yeah Mario told me he was moving and was going to make bigger and better comeback but havent heard a peep of recent feedback about his fish so i thought he was out of the discus game ..

TRAKURT
10-26-2006, 04:04 PM
If you come to Chicago you must try to meet with Butch. Butch is the best when it comes to discus. Also make sure you go to the John G Shedd Aquarium they have a great South American display.

http://chicagolanddiscus.com/

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/

CHEWAL
10-27-2006, 04:44 AM
I am alive and well and doing a lot of traveling as of late I am usually around on weekends but that is about to change in another week of so

t_j
10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
I am alive and well and doing a lot of traveling as of late I am usually around on weekends but that is about to change in another week of so

Hey How are you doing?:)

Andres
10-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Hector,

Just send Butch a email when you want to go :D :D He does have some wonderful Discus and supplies(Food). Yes he is hard to get of hold off but its worth the wait BELIEVE ME!! No sad Faces when you walk out of his door.

Butch,

Are you going to be home this weekend??? PM me

Andres:bandana:

crazie.eddie
10-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Butch is still around. I have his number if you guys are interested. Just PM me if you want it. A pleco breeder I buy my plecos from told me about Butch being so close to him and saw some of the discus he bought from Butch, in his tank, so I decided to pay him a visit. I just happened to buy 2 discus from him. I also bought 2 others from JJ discus. Actually, it was from someone who had to move and was forced to sell his discus, which he happened to get from JJ discus. I later found out JJ discus (Jack) was actually very close to me.

EDIT: Oooops. I just noticed Butch replied to this post. Cool :)

Squiggy
10-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Hey Butch...got any barrels? :D

Joe

billeagan
10-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Butch,

Good to hear from you. Are you going to be at the swap next month?

CHEWAL
10-28-2006, 07:19 AM
Hi Bill
I will be there for sure its slowing down a bit a work and I am starting to have a little bit more time