PDA

View Full Version : Pair for sale. Ny long island

robm1093
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Unproven Blue Wudobbie pair for sale in franklin sq ny. $100. E mail me. I will send you photos. or go to the photo link under robm1093. Thank you robm1093@hotmail.com

CAGE-RATTLER
10-30-2006, 03:22 AM
Who-bu-what-ies??

Ok i give ...... what are Blue Wudobbie ??

Google didnt know either .... lol.

TRAKURT
10-30-2006, 03:36 AM
Must be an Aquabid strain LOL

brewmaster15
10-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Theres a pretty well known Hobbyist Breeder on Long Island..well known to those in the Long Isand/New York area that Goes by the name of Gil....He's been around along time.. that name is from him...its a cross that he sells, I'm pretty sure.

I have seen some Nice looking fish bred by him over the years.

-hth,
al

TRAKURT
10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
If its Gil Curtain its a turq x

NYDiscusslover
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Gil Curtain is in Suffolk county - he is the best breeder on Long Island I get all my discus from him. Gil is not located in Franklin Square

DISCUS USA
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
NYDiscuslover hi..i know Gil been there like 3 or 4 times in past,,great guy,,you said you get all your fish from him,,can you post pics on a seperate thread in photo section here on simply..id love to see your fish from him..if you cant its cool i understand..

cheers :)
hEcToR nYc

NYDiscusslover
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Hello Hector,

I didn't know about the photo section on simply. I don't get to visit this site as much as I would like :(. Anyway, I have been going to Gill for years he is awesome and so are his fish. Anyway, I am at work right now but when i go home i will post some pictures. I have tons :).

DISCUS USA
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Cool..thanks my new best friend..lol..no but serioiusly people sleep on Gil id love to see his fish since i havent made it out to him in like 2 or 3 years.. thanks a million NYDiscuslover

=HeCtOr=nYc=

despenorio
11-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello. Anyone know his info or if he has a website? I would like to checkout his discus?

Denver

RichPhillips
11-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Could be Blew A Doobie?

EyeOfThierry
11-30-2006, 04:02 AM
there seems to be another guy out in Hickville LI... named Mark Rubanow from Nassau Discus... was planning on checking him out soon.

This other guy Gil I don't know. If anyone has more information about him, i'd like to know too.

DISCUS USA
11-30-2006, 09:23 AM
That guy Mark is a bit expensive though,,he imports from god knows who lol.. sometimes when people know they are only game in town they want to take advantage ,, i hate that so prefer to order pay the shipping hell with it ,,and not help out my community wen my community trying to over charge.. :) they dont know about fair market value around here..

Gil is ok,,but i only mess with his smallest fish think at 1.5 inch $10-15 depending on strain ..

And theres a lady named Ellen in Queens NY,,but also is ridiculously expensive ..

And new guy in bronx selling goofy looking discus b grade for most part and culls .. man i tell ya it the discus market really sucks in New York ..

They sell over the market value just because they can they are only game in town that aint right .. good luck !!

hEcToR nYc-

tonysdiscus
12-09-2006, 11:12 AM
hellen in queens is a scammer and a sells sick fish.
as for mark,....kinda same person as hellen..they both were partners and had a change of heart.not they split up.just some info..
-tony

DISCUS USA
12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
tony im not sure about that i kno for sure this indian dude from bronx reynold think hes out of the game for while now but him and mark would import from kitti s discus in thailand back in dayz and they would split import fees and each were spread out far apart enuff from each other that they could both thrive in their seperate territories,,

ellen was a customer of them both used to get adults off them to breed..

reynold is a cool brother but i wish he was still in the game importing from better people..i remember seeing a whole batch of san merahs arriving at reynolds in bronx coming from kittis all messed up looked like theyt were all plagued out,,dont kno if they ever made it out of meds..

but u ask mark who he imports from and he tells you they are from malaysia or singapore but wont tell you the breeders names,,so they can be really from thailand as far as we are concerned because he doesnt like sharing that info which suks to be truthful and thats why i dont buy from him..plus his prices are ridiculous..i prefer fair price from importer that imports from reputable people ,,thats why i order and dont mess with anyone from new york,,except my friend Mark in brooklyn.. marks discus..he a cool guy too and breeds only so its good to have him in new york..

EyeOfThierry
12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
So all this leaves me at a loss as to who's a reliable breeder in the NY area.

I can definitely vouch for Mathias of Discus Madness.
Seem like the guy GIL is spoken of well too.

Outside of that, seems we're out of luck in this area. Boy, not good for competitive pricing. This site needs an AREA breeding rating section. Where the consumers can post comments and rating stars...

Snuffy
12-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Hello All
I can also vouch for Mathias from discus madness he has some very nice fish at his location. I was wondering if anyone had the contact information for Gil Curtain is in Suffolk county? Please email me with Info if possible so that I can have another good source for fine fish. Does anyone know if there is ever a discus convention or show in the NY area and if so where and when?

Thanks

Eric

soundtweakers
12-13-2006, 01:40 AM
wow, a discus convention or any aquarium related convention right here in NYC will probably be absolutely awesome for the very few of us "NYC hobbyist". And I think the "very few of us" will be the only ones attending to it besides the folks from the neighboring states(they'll for sure out number us 10 to 1). It's probably more of a dream than a reality. All these sites, simplydiscus.com, cichlid-forums.net, plantedtank.net, tropicalresources.com.... has around .528 % new yorkers.

here a little story I would like to share with us fellow NYkers since there's a bunch of us here in this particular thread.

When I walked into a Petsmart while visiting my folks in L.A.a few years back, I thought...wow this place is amazing like a pet shop version of Walmart. And then I hear all these folks from all these forums from all different part of the country saying Petsmart is lousy. Man, I would love for them to come and visit our petland discounts and petcos, then they'd probably have a heart attack.

SO VERY SORRY to barge in your thread and getting all emotional and not buying the pair you have for sale, so sorry.

BTW, I grew up in Franklin Square, Valley Stream North High class of '95, we might've been neighbors.

billy

tonysdiscus
12-14-2006, 09:48 PM
tony im not sure about that i kno for sure this indian dude from bronx reynold think hes out of the game for while now but him and mark would import from kitti s discus in thailand back in dayz and they would split import fees and each were spread out far apart enuff from each other that they could both thrive in their seperate territories,,

ellen was a customer of them both used to get adults off them to breed..

reynold is a cool brother but i wish he was still in the game importing from better people..i remember seeing a whole batch of san merahs arriving at reynolds in bronx coming from kittis all messed up looked like theyt were all plagued out,,dont kno if they ever made it out of meds..

but u ask mark who he imports from and he tells you they are from malaysia or singapore but wont tell you the breeders names,,so they can be really from thailand as far as we are concerned because he doesnt like sharing that info which suks to be truthful and thats why i dont buy from him..plus his prices are ridiculous..i prefer fair price from importer that imports from reputable people ,,thats why i order and dont mess with anyone from new york,,except my friend Mark in brooklyn.. marks discus..he a cool guy too and breeds only so its good to have him in new york..

yea, i have bought from mark before in the pass.beautiful fish but i perfer gil on the island.jmo
-tony

robm1093
12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Thay are still for sale $100 . (franklin sq)

barryecohen
12-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Thay are still for sale $100 or best $$$$$. (franklin sq)Any pictures?

robm1093
12-23-2006, 02:23 PM
e male me, and I will send you pictures. robm1093@hotmail.com

metfan581
12-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Is this the link to pics of this pair?

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=53150

robm1093
01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes. Thats them....

robm1093
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM