View Full Version : Best flakes for discus

soundtweakers
10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
any recommendations? my discus finally starting to attack flakes, and I want to give them the best flakes there is.

poconogal
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I use Omega One Color, Veggie and First Flake. Also earthworm flake from www.angelsplus.com.

Elite Aquaria
10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
I just swithced to Omega One Chiclid flake and Formula One Flake. Both are high in protien and the fish love it. They are also not a fish meal base check out the ingredients list next time you go to your local petshop.

Dan

poconogal
10-31-2006, 08:03 AM
I just swithced to Omega One Chiclid flake and Formula One Flake. Both are high in protien and the fish love it. They are also not a fish meal base check out the ingredients list next time you go to your local petshop.

Dan
Yes, the ingredients in the Omega are what sold me, and all the fish love it. Not fish meal base, but pure salmon, etc.

CARY_GLdiscus
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I use tetramin pro tropical crisps

I have tryed others in the past with little results, lets just say my discus really love this stuff and I love my water quality after feeding it!

hth
Cary Gld!

Bainbridge Mike
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=CARY_GLdiscus;356441]I use tetramin pro tropical crisps

Sounds like a type of breakfast cereal!

Mike

keno
10-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Mine love Ocean nutrition 1 and 2 flakes, they eat as much of these as the beefheart!

Ken

poconogal
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I use tetramin pro tropical crisps

I have tryed others in the past with little results, lets just say my discus really love this stuff and I love my water quality after feeding it!

hth
Cary Gld!
Cary, I was looking at them but I wondered if they just float or do they sink?

diamond_discus
10-31-2006, 05:48 PM
I also use tetramin pro tropical crisps. This flake floats at the top a bit longer that other flakes. It's also not take easy to dissolve into tiny powder like others. The water quality would be better with this flake. All my fish love it, along with ColorBits.

CARY_GLdiscus
10-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Mike,
Long time no Talk!

anyway's hope all is well. Yes other reason why I like theses flakes is because
they float if you drop them in or they sink to the bottom if you submerge them. IMO they are the best! also high in protein great for small fry!

hth
cary gld!

Bainbridge Mike
10-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Cary:

Hope you and the family are all well. All is good out here. I have used the tropical crisps too and I give them a thumbs up! Take care,
Mike

tony1313
10-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Mine seem to like ocean nutrition formula one.