PDA

View Full Version : How does your central drain end

Hawaiifish
10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
HI everyone,
I posted this question in a different forum but wanted to see what everyone over here does. I'm having a delima right now with the end of my drain. I would like it to go to a normal house water hose but it doesn't seem possible. The only connector that I see is a 3/4" PVC to hose connector but my central drain that I want is going to be 1.5 to 2". Any ideas (the closest I got was a 1" to a 3/4" PVC than to the connector to the hose). I have around 60 tanks that will be going to the central drain (thats why I chose the 2" to stop any backflow into the lower tanks...or is this too big...). Anyway is there anyone that is doing this also...just thought i could use the fish water to water my plants rather than it going down the drain. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ryan

Cosmo
10-31-2006, 07:52 PM
checkout http://www.customaquatics.com , they have the best selections of checkvalves I ever seen. No matter how big the pipe, you should always have a check valve just in case.

Don't see why you couldn't just a series of adapters that would enable you to hook it up to your garden hose... if you drain too many tanks an once though, the reduced flow could be a problem. Maybe hookup a pump and turn it on whenever you drain large amounts of water ?
Jim

Hawaiifish
10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
I wanted to try to stay away from using a pump only because I only have one set of outlets in the fishroom at the moment and its on the other side of the room. However it does look as if thats what mostly what everyone is using. They have a sump pump with a garden hose at the end of it and drains their sump using that. I might have no choice if thats the case.

Thanks for your comment.

Ryan