PDA

View Full Version : Cary's lecturing in Chicago

Harriett
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey all you Chicagoland folks, just thought I'd pass this along. Cary Strong's coming into town to do a lecture on raising and breeding discus. Here's the info:
Holiday Inn in Rolling Meadows, 3405 Algonquin Rd (I 290 and IL Rt. 53) at 7PM. (847-259-5000)
He's being hosted by the GCCA (Greater Chicago Cichlid Assoc)--go to their website for more info.

Took a road trip last weekend out to see Cary, Sue, and kids and brought home some incredibly sweet WB babies which we have begun calling "the adorables". The parents of these little guys are STUNNING, can't wait to see how they grow out--I am totally psyched!

Best regards
Harriett

White Worm
11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Hope he will be in Sac this coming year!

Wahter
11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
The parents of these little guys are STUNNING, can't wait to see how they grow out--I am totally psyched!

Best regards
Harriett

Are you referring to Cary and his wife being the stunning parents and can't wait to see how their sons grow out? :D :D :D LOL!

pcsb23
11-02-2006, 04:40 AM
Took a road trip last weekend out to see Cary, Sue, and kids and brought home some incredibly sweet WB babies which we have begun calling "the adorables". The parents of these little guys are STUNNING, can't wait to see how they grow out--I am totally psyched!

Best regards
Harriett

Well??? where are the pics???

I would love to attend the lecture, I've heard and read a lot about Cary, its just a bit too far sadly :(

Harriett
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Are you referring to Cary and his wife being the stunning parents and can't wait to see how their sons grow out? :D :D :D LOL!

Wahter, those are not the stunning parentsI was specifically referring to, though admittedly C and S are both healthy wonderful Michigan stock! Their boys (Jack, Erin, Kyle) WILL be fun to watch how they grow out....currently they are wild, exhuberant, smart as hell, beautiful tow-headed boys!

The discus parents were jaw dropping beautiful, actually. If the male, in particular, had been in the ACA, he would have taken some prizes, I know that---just splendid. Harp on Cary to post pics of mom and dad!
I don't have a digital camera, so I never post pics... I think Xmas will remedy that situation this year...hints have been well placed.
Best regards!

Cosmo
11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Harriett,

What date ??

SE Billy
11-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Sunday, November 12th

That's the night of the Bears vs. Giants game. :(

Harriett
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Harriett,

What date ??

I'm so sorry! Yes, it is November 12th, at 7PM. See the first post on this thread for the rest of the info.
Thanks
Harriett

billeagan
11-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Damn,,,, meeting CAry or DA BEARS... hmmmm m DA BEARS are going to have to win that one...

brewmaster15
11-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Meet Cary and talk Discus!!!! its a no Brainer.... tape the game and watch it latter.:)

-al

SE Billy
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Al,

You must have not been to Chicago lately. It is impossible to go anywhere within this beautiful city of ours without knowing what when where or how the Bears are doing at any given time. I could Tivo the game but by the time I got to the meeting I am sure there would be people there blowing it for me. Bears fans have been waiting for a year like this since 86'.

I wonder if I could have someone sneak in a video and record Cary instead. :D

billeagan
11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Al,

You must have not been to Chicago lately. It is impossible to go anywhere within this beautiful city of ours without knowing what when where or how the Bears are doing at any given time. I could Tivo the game but by the time I got to the meeting I am sure there would be people there blowing it for me. Bears fans have been waiting for a year like this since 86'.

I wonder if I could have someone sneak in a video and record Cary instead. :D

Last week I ran to home depot for PVC and they announced the score...

brewmaster15
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Guys,

I hear you!:) I'm sure its a big event out there....never been to chicago myself, and not much of a football fan... but I have met Cary, and am a major discus fan.....;) :)

Seriously I feel for you all.....tough choice I am sure.

-al

SE Billy
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
My brother and I ran to Wendy's drive thru during half time last week. Once we got to the first window the young man behind the counter asked if we had heard what was the score. I told him it was 41-0 at which point he said

"Oh I already knew that I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't heard. It's a really good game."

Can't get away from it. Similar to Boston Red Sox scores during 2004 I would imagine up your way Al.

terps
11-02-2006, 04:28 PM
That's a good idea. Someboby should video his lecture and post it on www.youtube.com so we all can here what he has to say.