PDA

View Full Version : Contest - Guess What This Is?

hexed
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Gonna have a little contest ;)

Look at this pic and tell me what kind of fish it is?

Winner gets a 3/4 oz bottle of Formalin. After the fish is identified I will post the whole picture of it.

Frank

fishmama
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
OK...I'll take a stab at it:

Gobioides brousonnetti
aka "violet or dragon goby"

Can't wait to win!!!!!!!!!

Lisa ;-)

Squiggy
11-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Is that one of them 3 lb. killer guppies? :crazy:

hexed
11-02-2006, 04:21 PM
WOW, I had no idea that it would be guessed by the first person LMAO! Lisa PM me your complete address and the formalin will be on it's way ;)

tpl*co
11-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Dang, that went way too fast and you guys beat me to the punch!

Squiggy
11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Frank...why is he glued to that rock like that?....Does he float if you don't weigh him down? :crazy:

hexed
11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Squiggy LMAO!
I will be going through all my pictures and doing this again. I think it will be a fun way to get people to come together on the forum :D

As for the Dragon Goby:
They need a sand substrate because they are sifters. They sift the sand through their big mouths and out their gills to find food. They cannot do this with a gravel substrate and most always end up dying. Mine eat CBWs and any other tasty food they can find that my gobies left behind. The color of that one is the actual color he is in my tank. I have two and both are a deep blue to purplish color with gold highlights. They are thriving in this tank and are about 8-9 inches long. They will eat the goby eggs and wigglers but once the fry are free swimming and thicker then a CBW they cannot eat them cause their throats are very thin. I gave them a very very small earthworm and they were unable to eat it, but they did chew on it for awhile. Once they were done with it my goby took it from them LOL. I have never hand fed my dragons and they always seem to find something in the sand as they are always fat LOL!

April
11-16-2006, 12:43 AM
that there is a strange lookin creature from the deep. not round..by any means.
i would never of guessed..as ive never seen one. i do however have a chew toy for my dogs..thats bluish and clear..and it looks close.

hexed
11-22-2006, 02:32 AM
April,
Yes one strange looking face ;)

hexed
11-22-2006, 02:35 AM
I think I hurt his feelings :confused:

Rod
11-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Wow Lisa, well done. :)

hexed
11-22-2006, 04:37 PM